Saturday, January 02, 2016

Summing up 2015, Hello 2016!

It's back to page 1/365. Hello 2016!  

While I was compiling photos to sum up 2015, it felt like all these happen not long ago but actually some of which is almost a year ago. No point complaining where all the time went to, but what matter most is to have a fulfilling year :)  

#throwback to some major events of 2015..

1) First CNY as Mr and Mrs in our new crib 


A very different feeling to celebrate CNY especially when we are married and have moved out to live on our own. One thing to note is many places are closed during the CNY period, and I've issues eating fast food/instant noodles so often. So I do constantly remind myself to stock up my refrigerator with whatever veggie/meat especially during the CNY period just so to survive a few days. 

In the past, my parents will do all these but now that I've moved out, it's time to be more independent. Not forgetting we did wrap some hong baos, prepare oranges for 拜年, did spring cleaning and put up CNY deco. 

Indeed much more things to do as compare to the past, whereby I'll just wait for reunion dinner in the comfort of my old room lol. And yes, CNY 2016 is approaching really soon so it's time to get busy again.

2) First Lou Hei and Steamboat in the house 


Yay to the opening ceremony of the steamboat machine given by MIL and finally using it. And also the first lou hei done in the crib. Huat ah! 

You can read about my 2015's CNY celebration here
3) First time attending a Overseas Wedding  


It's the first time all of us went overseas together after knowing each other for so many years. And it's also the first time we attended a overseas wedding. And that's #jasewedsclaire in May :) 

Overseas wedding is definitely very different from local one due to culture and etc hence it was an eye opener for all of us. 

A good getaway trip for all of us.

4) 9th Year Dating Anniversary 


Had a simple anniversary celebration at our banquet venue. And that totally reminded us that we were left with 1/2 year to prepare for the wedding.

5) BKK 2015

Back to BKK after a year hiatus, seriously it should be made into a yearly affair to visit BKK. 

There's always never ending places to visit in BKK or even if it's a repeated place we have visited before, we definitely don't mind going back again.

Life is good there, period.


The best part of BKK 2015 has to be attending cooking lesson in a foreign country. We have been putting what we have learnt to good use, for example our favorite tom yum soup.

I know I have not finish blogging about this travelogue but soon I hope! Time to book air tickets for BKK 2016 *wink*

6) Yoga
I'm still practicing yoga after a year. #achievementunlocked by doing outdoor yoga. Not forgetting I've a new yoga khaki now who join me at my yoga class, my sil :) 

Always feels good to motivate people around me to move more, workout more and live a healthier life. 

7) Running 


6 races this year with a solo 15 km race all on my own. Just not long ago I was telling Derp, I can never forget this race because during the first 5 km I can barely open my eyes. It was so early in the morning and I'm running in almost pitch dark. Anyway, it was indeed a good race and I did it all alone! 

Didn't really participate much in races this year due to the wedding preparation but I do hope for more races in the coming year before a little one come and join us in races :) 

8) A Get-Together Session

Rare occasion when everyone in our family took time out to have a meal together. And to be honest, we never had such a 8 course meal with my MIL before too. 

Oh well, it's a happy occasion so Derp and I are glad that everyone is happy at the end of the day :) 

9) My Hens Night & Birthday Celebration


Haven't had a chance to blog about it yet but yes I've had my hens night and birthday celebration all in 1 night :) And here I am, looking so happy with 2 of my all time favourite cake, rainbow and red velvet cake. My girls do know me well enough! 

10) Getting Customary Married! 


After a year of preparation for the wedding, our customary wedding is finally over.

Having to hunt down everything by ourselves because we did not sign up any wedding package was the tiring part. And that's because we have gained experience from our ROM what we need and what we do not need. We are clear about it rather than going for those hard sell packages which are too stringent and most of the time tie down to many rules and regulation/top up.

No doubt, I will be spending sometime to blog about everything in the coming 2016. So be patience and stay tune :)

And now after summing up 2015, time to set resolutions for 2016.

In 2015, we were very cautious with our spending because of the wedding. But now that the wedding is over and we are debt-free, so in 2016, I really hope both Derp and I can
Do what we love, Love what we do.
As simple as it may sound, but very often we tend to have our own worries before doing something/making any decision.
To continue making improvement
Be it baking (since I've a proper oven now), running, yoga and everything else in life, there's still many room for improvement.
To live happily and healthily
I've injured my leg once this year and the same goes for Derp ( he's still recovering btw), we both fell seriously ill and took 3 days mc straight (indeed another personal best) in 2015.

Hence staying healthy is the most important resolution in 2016 because without health, we can't achieve any of the other resolutions we have set :)

2016, please be good and may you be an even awesome and better year! 

No comments :

Post a Comment