Tuesday, March 18, 2014

ROM Gown Fitting @ The Louvre Bridal

So it's been almost a month since I'm married, and now I am going to start blogging about my ROM preparation :) 

One fine day last year, we made an appointment with The Louvre Bridal after inquiring via email about their ROM packages. They did reply a estimated package which we think is reasonable so we decided to drop by and give them a visit. Anyway, they only accept appointment and not walk in.

It was also the day I chose my proposal ring and within a day we signed up for the bridal package. I know, we are fast decision maker. We are definitely not those who go around comparing price and then take another few weeks to think about it. We would rather close the case asap and move on with other more important stuffs.   

I always believe in dropping by the bridal studio a visit when you sign up their package, so you can always take a look at the gown/suit they have in their collection. Hence, we didn't go for any roadshow to get good deals. 

What's the point if they sweet talk you and at the end of the day you don't like their gown? I'm pretty particular about the gowns actually, I prefer gowns that are clean and white be it for actual day or photoshoot. I know some bridal studios give you the 'lousier' gowns for photoshoot because they are meant to be drag on sand/whatsoever, and usually photoshoot are taken from a far and you can't really tell from the photo it's a old gown. 可是穿的人会不舒服的! 

The Louvre Bridal have assured me that their gown are all new and in top notch condition. They don't keep their gown more than 2 years, and all their gowns can be chose for photoshoot/actual day. 

Btw, I've been stalking their facebook page at least for a year before deciding to choose them. They are still my top choice after we drop by 1 or 2 other bridal studios. We took up their photoshoot and ROM package. They cater to what we need and then set us a price. :) They were having a joint collaboration wedding show at some hotel the next day, so they throw in the perks/price they are going to have for those couples who sign up with them the next day. 

*Fast forward to 1 month before the ROM*

It was our first ever gown/suit fitting. We spent a total of less than 2 hours there and we are done :) All thanks to the professional guidance by them! I do drag long hours of fitting because at the end of the day, you might just anyhow choose! What's the point?  

First, We were to look through at the various fresh flower bouquets they have done before. Not forgetting to ask me what type of flowers I like, and also the colours and etc. I do love how my bouquet turn out in the end :) The kind florist even throw in corsages for the parents for us. It was complimentary. So kind of them!
After we are done with the flowers, we actually started with Derp's suit first. He tried a total of 2 suits.

I didn't take photo of the first suit he tried, which is a black suit. I do realize guy's stuff are always so boring haha! Next moment, our coordinator took out this blue suit for him. We went like O.O! I mean at least is something different from the boring black,white, grey suit. We have seen too much of those especially when we went BKK to tailor suits/formal wear. Derp was quite hesitant to try in the first place, and he gave in at last haha! I kept telling him it's his favourite color.

I did adjust the lightnings of the photo because they were using warm light at their place. 





:) Something unique. 

Not much amendments needed for him, only that the blazer need to be adjust tighter at the waist area. Derp's mum actually commented his suit is very korean lol! Afterall, our bridal studio is going towards the korean concept type of gown and suits. This suit is from their very latest collection and they willingly let us try :):) 

After Derp tried his 2 suits, we can't really decide which suits is better for him. So we went ahead for my gown fitting then. 

I told them I do not want any halterneck/tank top type of short gown. I don't have in mind what type of short gown I will want to be in for my ROM. I already know what I want for my photoshoot but not the ROM. So they took out a total of 3 gowns for me to try. They actually took out more but some of them I see already, it's a straight 'no' to that gown. 


This is the first gown I tried. If he were to choose the black suit, I will be wearing this then to match his black suit. I do love the ruffles and sweetheart cutting. Nth much to talk about other that it's super new and white! 


This gown will probably match his blue suit too cause of the sash. However, I don't think I suit this kind of classic boring gown so it was an immediate cross for this gown. This is the last gown I tried, but it's not as outstanding as the 2nd gown I've tried. 

Hereby presenting to you, the final gown that I've chose. 


I love the blings and also the feather bottom haha! It's a gown that I hardly see around, at least not the boring usual type. It's also from their latest collection! When I walked out of the fitting room, my coordinator went like wow! And I knew I had to wear this because the wow factor is there. 

I do love the back details too..so bling! 


It's a corset back all the way till the ass area. And yup, you can imagine how they have to help me tie and untie everytime I try and take out haha! Best part of the gown, it's bling all the way at the back! 

Sorry for the bony back view, I've been telling Derp, I think that's my back muscles and not bones. He can't help but to roll eyes at me. 

The gown may look tight but trust me it's actually very comfortable. Not much adjustment needed for the gown except the hook at the back is adjusted to tighten even more so that the dress won't fall. As for the rest of the dress, it's all about tie-ing :) Only the top part is secured by a hook.

:)

Glad that they let us take photos freely when we are there because I know some bridal studio don't allow. 

We were done within 2 hours for our fitting and we went to hunt down our shoes then. I'll be posting up more updates of the ROM preparation and the ROM day itself soon! Receiving my photos really soon and hope that it turns out well! 

I'm definitely looking forward to the photo shoot fitting in a month time! Time to get fitter/toner/slimmer. Fighting!

For other enquiries regarding Louvre Bridal, you may refer to the posts below:

1) Solmenization Ceremony: http://firstlove88.blogspot.sg/2014/04/23rd-february-2014-rom-ceremony-lunch.html (most of my stuff were provided by Louvre Bridal)
2) Photoshoot gown Fitting: http://firstlove88.blogspot.sg/2014/06/photoshoot-gown-fitting-louvre-bridal.html
3) Pre-Wedding photoshoot featured on Singapore Brides: http://firstlove88.blogspot.sg/2014/12/maple-love-story-featured-on-singapore.html

91 comments :

  1. Anonymous5:06 PM

    Hi

    I happened to browse your blog and saw that you are a LB bride.

    I am wondering if it is convenient for you to share the bridal package with me?

    I am keen in their bridal services and I'm looking around.

    How is your experience in them in terms of photos, make up, price and service?

    My email address is s_n83@hotmail.com

    Hear from you soon.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,

      I'll email you soon :)

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:04 PM

      Hi, do you think you can email me too? gustkat@yahoo.com.sg

      Delete
    3. Hi there!

      Mailed ya do check :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, I found you through google as i'm doing some research on LB. Can you share with me your ROM & photoshoot package? :) Looking for something similar for my ROM in November. My email address is jrcho2014@gmail.com Thanks!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca,

      I'll email you soon. Probably after my photoshoot with them next Monday :)

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:28 AM

    Hi!

    Possible to email me your ROM & photoshoot package too? My email: pinklollipopss@gmail.com

    Sorry to trouble!!!

    Thank you so much

    Ling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Congratulations! Could you email me your package for both ROM/photoshoot as well? jasmine07sg@gmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasmine,

      Have emailed you!

      Delete
    2. Hi could you email me too? My email is babybendan@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. Hi Angela,

      Have emailed you! Do check!

      Delete
  5. Hi, hope you can share your wedding package and details with me. cpeiying56@hotmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:05 PM

    Hi, very nice gown there! :)

    Hope you can share your wedding package with me as well. msshirlyn@gmail.com

    thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:39 PM

    Hi! I am doing some research for my upcoming ROM in Dec this year and came across their website too! Whats their package like? Could you share with me too? Appreciate if you could email me at gguo@hotmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      I've emailed you. Do check and thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  8. Hi Jing Xian
    I'm interested in louvre bridal too, do you think you can email me your AD package with me? My email is akai_166@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot.

    melody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melody,

      I've just drop you a email. Do check and thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Jing Xian
    I'm interested in louvre bridal too, do you think you can email me your ROM package with me? My email is Jinpinglynn@gmail.com Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Hi Jing Xian,

    I am interested in LB too.. hope you are able to email me the package and your experience with them :)

    Thanks in advance!

    My email is: love_huixian@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Mailed you,do check your inbox :)

      Delete
  11. Anonymous5:14 PM

    Hi, would you mind sharing your package as well ? Thanks!! lyndialee@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Mailed you,do check your inbox :)

      Delete
  12. Anonymous9:24 PM

    hi jing xian,

    janey here.

    can you share with me the packages you took with LB ? like the rates / ROM / Pre wedding shoot / AD as well as the extra perks they gave you. :)

    much thanks!

    lilpinkdolphin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Mailed you,do check your inbox :)

      Delete
  13. Anonymous6:10 PM

    Hi, do you mind sharing your wedding package with me? Thanks! collen222@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Mailed you,do check your inbox :)

      Delete
  14. Anonymous3:42 PM

    hi,

    could you share with me your wedding packages prices? thanks!!
    my email is : schoolsch@hotmail.com

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Mailed you,do check your inbox :)

      Delete
  15. Anonymous5:24 PM

    Hi,

    Can you email me your package details?

    Siowyoung85@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      Mailed you,do check your inbox :)

      Delete
  16. Anonymous3:44 PM

    Hi,

    Can you email me their package? cause their Korea seems soooo good.

    Thanks for your help

    Alexyykk@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:26 PM

    Hi Hi

    Can you send me their package? Email address is xyc0124@gmail.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous5:04 PM

    Hi

    Can you send me their package? Email address is anggers4@gmail.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Hello~
    Able to send me your package and the price? my email: miki_scorpio86@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous4:39 PM

    Hi Jing Xian,

    I happened to do a search on LB review and saw your blog about LB.

    I am looking around for bridal shops to provide services for my actual day.

    I was wondering if it is convenient for you to share the bridal package and your experiences with me?

    My email address is: evelynlau87@gmail.com

    Looking forward to your reply. =)

    Best Regards,
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous6:49 PM

    Hi Happy New Year. Was browsing around and saw your blog.
    Could you send me your package and the price? my email:oyan6@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! A belated happy new year to you.

      Mailed ya do check!

      Delete
  22. I'm interested in louvre bridal,do you mind sharing your ROM package with me

    My email address : elaine9689@yahoo.com

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      I've mailed ya. Do check :)

      Delete
  23. Hi there,

    Im planning for my wedding that is upcoming in June and i have yet to sign up any bridal package. Wondering if you can share your bridal package details and price with me?

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, do leave your email down so I can email you? :)

      Delete
  24. Anonymous12:06 PM

    HI Jing Xian,

    Is it convenient for you to share with me the rates for / ROM / Pre wedding shoot / AD package?
    Email address: jerlyn_tsh@hotmail.sg

    Many thanks!!


    Jerlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, mailed ya. Do check! :)

      Delete
  25. Hi Jing Xian,
    Is it still ok for your to share with me your bridal package details and price? My email:chye80@hotmail.com. many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous1:53 AM

    Hi there,

    we are planning our wedding and will like know to know the package details :) Can share with us?

    My email is dav12lim@hotmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous10:27 PM

    Hi, we are planning our wedding and chanced upon ur website. Is it ok if u could share with us the different rates for the packages and details as well as ur experiences with them?
    My email is jieqi.denise@gmail.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Anonymous11:17 PM

    Hi, can you email me the package details and the experience with them? Thanks for your help!
    My email is teohqiongling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous6:40 PM

    Hi, please share your bridal package details with me. My email address is friends_itsumo@yahoo.com
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, mailed ya do check!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:29 AM

      Thanks Jing Xian! :)

      Delete
  30. Anonymous2:21 AM

    Hi Jing Xuan,

    Do you mind sharing your bridal package for our reference? My email address is jonas_okc@yahoo.com

    Jonas

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, can you email to me ur ROM package etc ? The rates and what does it includes? :) jaclynjesss@hotmail.com. ..TQ in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi, can you email.me your package details?/Thanks
    sereneemail17@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi, mind to share the package details? My email address is renraini@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi!

    I was looking for ROM and wedding packages & i happened to chance upon ur blog about LB. Seen some gd reviews about this studio. Am v concerned of what u concerned too.. so LB seems gd :) do u mind if u share w me ur bridal package? Email me at pei_ying_89@hotmail.com

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Anonymous12:43 AM

    Hi,
    Possible to email me your package with Louvre Bridal? Thanks!
    My email is loh.yuling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi I am interested too can email to the package too! Thanks ! eileenng80@yahoo.com.sg

    ReplyDelete
  37. Are you hired by them to do marketing over here? The price they quoted is ridiculous. 2-3 hrs photographer rental + rental of ROM short dress + 1 suit rental = $2000++ as compared to others the most is only $1k with everything in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I'm definitely not hired by them to do marketing over here as I paid full for the services we got from them. I've shared my package details with many people via email upon request and it was roughly the same as what their quotation from LB was :) Perhaps you can list down which are the companies that you have gotten quote from that are of cheaper rates? I believe that will be of great help to brides-to-be out there.

      Btw, I didn't took their 2-3 hours photographer rental for my ROM. So I'm not quite sure of the rates. I took up the pre-wedding shoot and ROM gown/suit rental, make up artist and fresh flowers for groom + parents from them. Do leave down your email address or email me if you need more details then :)

      Delete
  38. Anonymous8:53 PM

    Hi! Please share the package with me too! Thanks! joannesge_14@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Hi there, pls share the package with me too. Thanks!

    c_yan1988@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi, im keen in your LB package too. Appreciate your sharing.. thanks!
    My email is aprilngg@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi, do they categorize their evening/ colored gowns into classic/ signatures range which will require to top-up the costs? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, yes they do have a classic signature range vs the normal range. However, when they launch their latest collection, there will be a few signature ones and a few normal ones. So not all their latest collection will be classified as 'signature' and thus need to top up. If I'm not wrong, they do offer package which let you to choose all the gowns from the different category :)

      Delete
  42. Hello!

    Appreciate if you can share with me your package? Much thanks!
    qmtradehub@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Nice, I liked your blog, Please keep sharing more stuff.

    Bridal Spa Packages Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi, i just came across you blog. I seem to be interested in LB and wish to know about their package price and experience. Can you PM me the package price. My email is rachelimjx@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  45. Nice information.. Thanks for sharing this blog. see my website also
    ONE STOP DESIGN SOLUTIONS is an integrated full service architectural and interior solutions company. OSDS has deep capabilities to conceptualize, execute and manage an interior project on turnkey basis- from conceptualization to execution VIEW MORE:- Best interior Designer in Dwarka

    ReplyDelete