Sunday, March 02, 2014

Home Cooked Dinner for Valentine's Day 2014!

We had our early valentine's day celebration at The Tiramisu Hero, and on the actual day, we decide to have home cooked dinner :) 

Because everywhere is overpriced and crowded on the actual day, home cooked dinner is the best solution out then. It's been awhile since I last cooked for Derp. I started prepping for the dinner the night before the actual day. I chop up all the garnishes like chilli and garlic because Derp loves spicy stuff! 

Here are the ingredients for the home cooked seafood aglio olio..

Fresh prawns bought on that afternoon.

Scallops! (Koped a few from the frozen scallops that my dad bought haha!)

It's my first time adding scallop into my aglio olio, in the past I just make do with the prawns. 

Chilli and pasta! 

First of all, I boiled the pasta because that always took the longest time. It's my first time cooking this kind of pasta too. Not much of a different from normal spaghetti, infact they are easier to scoop out and transfer here and there. 


I pan fried the prawns and scallops with some garlic and chilli so that eventually the taste will goes into the ingredients.  

My first time handling scallops too, I totally can't tell whether is it cooked or uncooked because they are too white lol! I can only try using a fork to poke through it to see if it's cooked anot. I don't wish to overcook it because I wished to retain the q-ness of it. Oh and I guess the heat has forced all the juice from the scallops.

I then pour the pasta in and cooked everything together for another 5 minutes or so. 

The final product..


I spent less than $10 to make all this hehe! 

Derp and I have already made a pact to cook at least once or twice a week after we shift into our new home, tiring as it may sounds but we are often stuck with the question of 'what-to-eat' almost every night. :S. We would rather cooked than to stand in the middle of a food court and ponder 'what-to-eat'

I cooked this without the help of Derp! When he reached home, I'm just done.

Dinner time!
Enjoying my creation..

:)

No fresh flowers for me this Valentine's Day because I'm having another bouquet of fresh flowers on my ROM the week after. I don't have the habit of drying my roses and at the end of the day, they usually end up in the thrash bin.

Derp decide to give me hand make roses this year instead. I only know it the week before because he told me he got no time to do it behind my back(because we are staying together), so he got no choice but to do it infront of me lol! 

Anyway, it's the effort that counts because I started interviewing him when did he actually started learning how to make this paper roses, how come I didn't know haha! So he did caught me by surprise before valentine's day :)

The stalk of the rose were also handmade by him. Honestly speaking, I'm always impressed by his need-to-do-things-perfectly attitude. His needlework is also much better than mine, and also his ironing skill lol! 

He made 11 roses and not 12 roses because 11 roses meant "You are my treasured one; the one I love most in my life" and 12 roses meant "Be my steady".






My Valentine's Day Bouquet. This bunch of roses will definitely has a spot in our new house.


:) 

Thanks Derp for the roses and cheers to our 8th Valentine's Day! 

No comments :

Post a Comment