Friday, March 07, 2014

Fika Swedish Café and Bistro @ Millenia Walk

I had a mid week date with the ladies just before my wedding :) We haven't had a proper meetup ever since the last meetup in early January! 


My #OOTD that day from Love Bonito. Loves the prints of this dress alot and the reviews are up here

We met up at Cityhall and we walked to Millenia Walk for our dinner at Fika Swedish Café and Bistro. It's definitely my first time there and I'm surprised to find out that it's a Muslim-Swedish cafe :) 

While walking there from Cityhall, we never fail to camwhore. Or should I say, nana kept wanting to take photos and so we accommodate to her request. 

Various random shots in the middle of nowhere and there's people staring at us while they walk pass. lol! 






Esther actually call in on the day itself to reserve seats. The last time she went there it was full house, and that's because it's a Friday night. On weekday nights, the crowd wasn't that bad.

By right they will only hold the table you reserved for 5 minutes, but we were pretty late and thankfully there wasn't much people so they hold the table for us till we arrived :) 

They let us have a corner seat which is good because we can be quite noisy. But the down side to it was, the waitress/waiter can't seem to see us whenever we wanted to order our food or ask them take photos. 

We were being blocked by a pillar.Oh well, that is to trade of for the little privacy that we wanted. We even had a sofa just behind our seats which no one used it to camwhore except us! 




The extensive menu.


I ordered the Swedish's meat ball. It really look like I'm eating at Ikea, but trust me this is way much better than Ikea's meatball and super filling! The price is more expensive than the Ikea;s one but defintely worth it, and I can't finish it in the end. 


Esther's Crepe. I can't remember what crepe she order, the only thing I remember was the portion was really huge!  


Claire ordered the same as me, the only difference is her's is meat patty(it does remind me of crabby patty lol!) and mine is meat balls :) 


Nana's Rice. I can't really remember what's the name of it, but it's really unique and not bad. 



YY had the chicken cutlet looking thing at the top left corner of the photo :)

Group photo before our dinner! 

I give them 10/10 for their service( I'll explain more about it later on) and also for their camera skill. The waitress is so good at taking photos and every photo she took was clear and nice! 

After our dinner, Claire and YY presented us this surprise cupcakes! I knew it was a belated birthday celebration for Esther and Nana, but never did I know they had a mini and unoffical hens night for me haha! We'll have a official one next year then :)


It's quite funny to place the R21 or maybe M18 cupcakes with all the innocent looking cupcakes.


Esther's birthday cupcakes. All her favourite tare panda! And that is in her favourite color blue.


Nana's favourite green cupcake, and yup that's her princess theme lol! 


Not a need to explain more, my R21 cupcakes in my favourite color pink! :) 

With the cupcakes! 


YY and Claire had a staycation after CNY and they prepared the photo frame for us. It's in our favourite color too. I'll defintely reserve a spot for this photo frame in my new house  :) The photoframe is filled with memories and wishes from the girls.

With our presents that night! 

And amazingly, all 5 of us are in this self shot photo.

:):

The pose by Esther and me are highly requested by princess Nana. 

Group shot by the waitress again...and she never at all tsk us or blackface us. Thumbs up for their service! Trust me, we had met many nasty waitress/waiter all these years. 




I mentioned earlier that their service was really good because we went to request for plastic bags to contain our cupcakes, and they gladly gave it to us. We stayed till their closing time and they didn't chase us away, infact they were clearing up the area while we were taking mad lots of photo. hehe!

The total meal costs us around $20-23 each after all the gst. We had a pretty decent and filling meal. The place is highly recommended for girls to bring their partner along because it's a meat galore place! Guys who love meat should go and have their meals there :)

For more information of Fika Swedish Café and Bistro, you can visit their website  here.

 Fika Swedish Café and Bistro @ Millenia Walk
#01-02, Millenia Walk, 9 Raffles Boulevard 

No comments :

Post a Comment