Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Geláre @ Jurong Safra

I chanced upon this groupon deal  weeks back and was thinking maybe Derp and I can use it for Valentine's Day. But never did we know that they closed at 9pm, we happily set off to Jurong Safra and came to realise that later on. So boo hoo, no ice cream and waffles for dessert on Valentine's day. 

We went back there 2 days later after running some errands at Jurong Point. I can't believe that I'm indulging in ice cream waffles a week before my solmenization lol! #giveup

I didn't know that there's a Geláre located at Jurong Safra, the last time I've been there was probably few years back. It's not far from my house and I can actually walk there, I just see no reason in going there though. 

The Geláre is located at the kids playground. It's a ideal place for families but not for the others because it's simply too noisy especially on weekends. 


The mega huge playground at Jurong Safra.
\
 Kids these days are really fortunate. They can play all they want at the indoor playground and have yummy waffles and ice cream thereafter. 

The Geláre hidden at a corner.

They were really short of manpower and they have quite a lot of orders(all the group deals), but not enough waffles machine hence our waffles took quite sometime to arrive. 

Those working there were mainly students earning some extra cash, so no point getting angry over how disorganized they are. Afterall it's a Sunday, a need to slow down our pace and enjoy ice cream waffle! 


Our ice cream waffle with whip cream and chocolate sauce.

I requested to add an additional scoop of ice cream to it so that we can try different variety.The chocolate ice cream was pretty frozen, so it doesn't taste that nice. It don't really have the sticky feel unlike the cookies and cream. 

Their waffles are pretty good. Though I think, the best waffles we had tried are from Haggen Daz and Createaf Waffles, oh and not forgetting my all time favourite red velvet waffles from Stranger's Reunion :) 

I would not have bothered to try Geláre ice cream waffles if not for the groupon deal. Oh well, treat it as exploring another part of Jurong and had a chill out session at Jurong Safra before the Monday blues hit us. 

Geláre @ Jurong Safra

333 Boon Lay Way 
(Inside Kidz Amaze @ Level 1),
Singapore 649848
Tel: +65 6795 7827

Operating hours:
Monday To Thursday : 12:00pm to 8:00pm
Friday : 12:00pm to 9:00pm
Weekends and PH : 10:00am to 9:00pm
Gazetted School Holidays : 10:00am to 8:00pm

No comments :

Post a Comment