Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review: Shake n Take Personal Smoothie Blender Part 1

I've received my Shake n Take blender last week via registered mail and thank goodness Derp is at home to help me collect it if not I would have to make a trip down to singpost and queue to collect. The singpost at JP always have long queue and damn bloody slow. 

It's time for a healthier life style and this blender allows me to explore more ways of mixing different fruits with yogurt, milk or yakult (my favourite) :) 

I've all along use a normal fruit juicer(bought by dad), I won't even call it fruit blender because I got to slowly clear the leftover debris of the fruits from the fruit juice. It's troublesome max, Okay maybe it's my fault for not peeling the apple before throwing in hence all the apple skin are lying there waiting for me to clear it after I'm done. Now I got to peel it liao la if not my blender will blend the apple skin together and I got to drink it down . sounds yucky!


I bought it from Gmarket and the delivery was fast I would say. I chose the 2 bottles version instead of 1 considering the fact that I could make another 1 for Derp if he wants to try

I tried a variety of combination last week but I didn't took photos of it. I experiment with apple + orange(my all time favourite), orange + strawberry. I would say all is nice! Though I didn't try blending it with ice because all my fruits are cold enough, I do think it's possible just that it might taste a little diluted. 

Btw, do add 100ml of water or so if you find the smoothie is too thick. I do face this problem quite often, maybe I'm too greedy or what, always putting in too much fruits and not adding any water because I'm afraid it taste too diluted, but overall is fine la :)

Some photo of the combination I try lately and yes I did remember to take photos of the whole process this time round.


Red apples + Grape Yakult - My favourite combination and I learned this combination from a fruit juice stall in AMK market near Jubilee area. I tried it and I always order tihs combination from them. Now I shall try it with my blender. I've also tried red apple + the red flavor Yakult too, it's also nice. Basically anything with Yakult is nice la! 


Ready to blend! I put in half of the apples because there's another space to put more. Wait till it's blend properly then I'll put the rest of the apples in. I used a total of 2 apples and 1 Yakult :)

I didn't cap the bottom cap tight enough and hence some Yakult came out and I got to wipe the whole table. If I've never spotted it, I think I got no Yakult left in my bottle even before I blend. that's damn sad. 


Ta dah done within 1 minute and you will need to press and hold the button above the shake n take words  till you think it's ready to be drink. It probably take less than a minute and it's done :)


Me drinking my apple yakult smoothie after my exercise lesson last sat. 

I tried orange + strawberry combination on sunday night after dinner. It's not my first time trying it and I used 1 orange + 3 strawberries only. Decided not to be over greedy this time round.


Fruits all ready...


And here we go..

Orange Strawberry smoothie.

How does it look? I find it super yummy and filling.for my stomach. I'm gonna try out more combination soon, I've even bought carrot because got once I drink orange + carrot, taste not bad le. 

You can get your shaker at gmarket or those deals website that you can easily find now. Just probably buy from deals might take sometime for them to send you, all the redemption thingy. Overall it's a nice smoothie blender, easy to use, easy to wash, totally fuss free! Do consider getting it if you're heading o a healthy lifetyle hehe. 

Check out the part 2 of the review here :) 

10 comments :

  1. Hi Jing Xian, may I ask from which gmarket seller did you buy this from and for how much? I'm so gian to get one now too!! :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Vinnie,

    Here's the link:

    http://list.qoo10.sg/g/407115199

    I think it's cheaper now hehe.

    Do let me know if you face any problem visiting the site. I don't really know how to see the seller name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:45 PM

    how noisy is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      the noise is comparable to those of a juice blender/mixer or slightly softer. :)But the more time you use it, it gets noisy-er and feel as though it's going to spoil. I'll do a 2nd review of the blender soon.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous12:03 AM

    Hi.. i was looking for a review on this blender n came across ur site here... may i know if the blender is still in good working condition or already spoil by now as this review was on april and now we are on october...i was thinking to buy this blender n really hope to ask u since by now u must have been using it for many months...thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:19 AM

    Ohh i found ur review of part 2 on this one so it's cool no need reply me anymore.. you did a good job following up on the review... i think this is not a good blender based on what i read there...will just stick to my heavy duty blender then as i need use it 2x daily and based on ur review u only use it 2-3 times weekly....i dont think it will stand that long if it's in my hand lol :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, does anyone knows how to clean the shake n take bottle? Are we able to remove the bottom blade? Or we can only take off the top cap?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:47 PM

    Hi,Jing Xian, may I know how to use this Taiwan blender? Interested to get one. But the voltage is different in Malaysia. Taiwan is 120 V, Malaysia is 220-240 V. Do you use a transformer to change the voltage to get it to work? Tq.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I don't use the taiwan belnder though. I use the normal one which is supported in Singapore ( I believe the voltage is the same as Malaysia). No transformer is needed.

      Delete
  8. I was purchased a portable juice blender. Loving to use this Juice blender. It has made my life easy as I was too lazy to make juice for my self. This is convenient and easy to use. Chargeable battery is a great option. Great value for money.


    ReplyDelete