Friday, May 15, 2015

Claire's Hens Night Part I - Old Street Bak Kut Teh @ Funan DigitaLife Mall

I finally meet up with the girls to celebrate Claire's Hens night! We have been delaying the meetup for quite sometime due to our busy schedules. 

Part 1 of the Hens night is to have dinner together. At first, we don't have any idea what to have for dinner yet but we eventually settled down at Old Street Bak Kut Teh @ Funan DigitaLife Mall.

It's my first time eating Old Street Bak Kut Teh and I found out they actually have quite a few branches around Singapore. 





Each table has this Ipad for you to order your food.  I'm quite surprise to see this at a Bak Kut Teh shop. 


The open concept kitchen. 


They have all kinds of sauces for you to take to match with your Bak Kut Teh. I've always thought Bak Kut Teh only goes with dark soya sauce and red chilli. Never did I know there's so many other sauces to go with. This is definitely something which cannot be found at other Bak Kut Teh restaurants.


Our feast that night! 


Bak Kut Teh! The soup is refillable just like any other Bak Kut Teh restaurants. 


Dough Fritters aka You Tiao! 


A plate of veggies to be shared among us. 


Before we start to eat..

Our group shot outside the restaurant lol.



I personally still prefer Song Fa Bak Kut Teh and Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh as I find their soup better than Old Street Bak Kut Teh. I like those bak kut teh soup which is more peppery!

Old Street Bak Kut Teh
109 North Bridge Road Funan Digitalife Mall #01-15
Singapore 179097

We didn't make Claire wear the bride's veil and bride-to-be sash because we find it not matchy with where we are dining at. The surprise for her came after we left the dinner venue. Will blog about that soon :)

1 comment :

  1. Wow! This place looks amazing. Thinking to book this place for my wife’s birthday party? Actually I was searching for party venues in Houston for my wife’s 40th birthday party. Yeah it’s a surprise party that’s why thinking to make it a destination party.

    ReplyDelete