Sunday, November 01, 2015

Woo Ricebox @ Jurong Point

Yay to a new eatery at Jurong Point but why does it only open after I shifted out? :( If not I will probably patronize it very often hahaha! 

And with that, I'm referring to Woo Ricebox which was opened just this year.

2 years ago when I went Taiwan, one of our lunch was this 便当! Our tourguide bought for us and we had this while travelling to some other parts of Taiwan. The taste was unforgettable and I totally miss it when I come back to Singapore.

I'm thrilled to know that they have finally opened a branch at Jurong Point. When they first came to Singapore I was really excited. However, their first branch was pretty out of the way for me so I didn't bother to hunt it down. 

One of the Friday, I went back to my parent's place to visit with Derp. I had to remind my parents not to prep any food for me as we will be ta-baoing food back instead. lol. 

All the way back to Jurong not to have homecook food but instead packed food. But to me, it's totally worth it!   

Woo Ricebox is located at B1 of Jurong Point. Located near where Swensen/Thai Express is. 




There's quite a lot of seats and it's free seating. Function pretty much similar to any fast food restaurants out there. 



There's also a preimum gong cha located just inside the Woo Rice Box restaurant. Meant for you to have all the Taiwan delicacies in one place. 

However, we noticed the price is slightly more expensive so we did not buy it. We went to the Gong Cha located at NTUC Fairprice to get Gong Cha instead lol! 


The Menu 



We didn't wait that long for our food as most of the rice box were prepacked and kept warm. After waiting for less than 5 minutes, we collected our food :) 

Dinner that night! 

As you can tell from the pic, there's lots of different appetizer which comes with the rice box. And you'll be surprise at the size of the Golden Pork Cutlet which I've ordered. 


Ta Dah! 

The pork cutlet is really huge isn't it? lol. Even though we packed the pork cutlet back home, it still taste crispy. The pork cutlet is my favourite and it's the same as what we ate during our Taiwan trip. 

The generous servings of appetizers is also what I like about eating the bento set from Woo Ricebox

This Golden Pork Cutlet bento set costs $8.90 which I felt it's very value for money. Afterall, a bento set from other similar concept Taiwan restaurant costs 6-7 bucks too. What's more, the rice are imported from Taiwan. You can totally taste the difference in rice when you eat it. Taiwan rice is slightly softer and more moist as compare to the rice we eat normally.

I'm glad that they are so easily accessible now so whenever I crave Taiwan's bento, I'll definitely go back there to have it :)

1 Jurong West Central 2
B1-60/61 Jurong Point
Singapore 648886

No comments :

Post a Comment