Monday, November 23, 2015

Review: Eyebrow Embroidery @ The Best Beauty Center (Toa Payoh Branch)

2 years ago, I did my first eyebrow embroidery @ The Best Beauty Center. You can actually read all about it here

The truth is, I never went back to touch up my eyebrows so after 1 year or so, the embroidery started to fade and eventually it start to become red in color. 

Previously, I went for the "second generation' eyebrow embroidery. It's not as lasting as compared to the third, fourth and fifth generation of eyebrow embroidery. But mind you, the "second generation" was quite expensive back then. Sad truth of it is that it will fade to red color. Somewhat like lipstick color haha! 

So this time round, I went for the "third generation" eyebrow embroidery and it's way cheaper than what I pay for the "second generation" years back. 

I've been wanting to re-do my eyebrows but I procrastinated very long because I don't want to look like 蜡笔小新. I'm afraid it will look unnatural for the first few days and I still need to report to work and face the world lol. But anyway, all these worries were unnecessary. My experience this time round was a much pleasant one. 

The lady designed the eyebrow shape for me first before I took the package. I was quite satisfied with the outcome hence I took up the package. $388 for 1 embroidery and 1 touch up session. She also throw in a 20 times eyebrow shaping free for me since I'm only left with 5 sessions. Hence, it's a rather good deal so I go ahead to pay the deposit for it. 

I went back the very next week to have the embroidery done. I don't wish to drag too long because my AD is approaching. I'm just hoping it looks natural by AD too. Anyway, the whole process took roughly 1 hour. 


The shape that the lady designed for me. 

The numb cream was applied onto my eye brows for 20 minutes or so before she start the actual process. It wasn't pain at first but slowly as she kept wiping to make sure the whole area is clear of any debris, the effect of the numb cream wear out. I gradually start to feel the pain. But overall, the pain is bearable and this is not my first time doing eyebrow embroidery. 


That's how my eyebrows look like straight after the night I went home.  

Derp commented I look quite fierce with this new eyebrow haha! But it looks way better than 2 years ago when I first did eyebrow embroidery. I find it much more natural as compare to 'last time technology'.


This was taken probably the 3rd day. It only starts to fade slightly. 


A overview of my eyebrows. First pic is the 'before pic' It's very obvious how much my previous embroidery has faded after 2 years. 


This was taken probbaly 5 days having the embroidery on. Some parts of it has start to drop off but some has not hence it looked kind of uneven. But it definitely don't look so dark already! Phew.

And after 1 week, this is how it goes... 


The before and after. 

That's how my brows look like after all the fading and etc. I avoid washing that area as much as I could but it's quite hard as I've oily eye lids.

So what I can do is to apply lots of cream that they gave me to 'protect' it to my very best. Apparently, the cream is said to keep it moist so that it won't get easily dry up and 'drop' too much color when fading. I'm quite hardworking with it and apply 3-4 times a day.

I was contemplating to use the touch up session after my AD but in the end, I went to touch up before the long Deepavali weekend. Taking the chance that I do not need to work which means I face lesser people. Even if my brows don't look that natural also nevermind.

The touch up process took roughly 1 hour and the procedures are the same too. I will told to expect less fading as compared to the first time as the base color has already set in.



This is how I look like straight after the touch up session. I think I've gotten used to how I look like with drawn dark colored eyebrows so I take it quite lightly this time round. 

I didn't freak out that much about how 'dark' it is. I used to hate it when it's very dark though. I guess it's just the mindset because I told myself eventually it's going to fade so just let it be. 



Last picture with my full make up on. I didn't draw my eyebrows that day because it's only 3 days after I touch up the embroidery :) 

Overall, I'm satisfied and happy with the results because it's very natural. Not much people can tell I did something drastic to it and they probably think I draw my brows haha!

I even bought another package at half the price. 1 embroidery and 1 touch up session but at half the price. It's a good deal for their returning customer. Yay to having good looking brows from now on :)

I will recommend interested ladies to go to The Best Beauty Center for eyebrows embroidery if they are looking for a place to do their eyebrows at a reasonable price! 

No comments :

Post a Comment