Thursday, November 19, 2015

Seoul Yummy @ Bugis Plus

Just few days after I had homecook korean army stew, I met up with my gfs for Korean food again! And yes it's army stew again. 

To be honest it's the first time I had korean food with them. So within a week I ate army stew twice. 

Once is the homecook version and another the commercial version. That's when I remember we didn't add in bulgogi meat into our own homecook version. It really makes a diff! 

The last amy stew I've eaten was probably in 2013! I've never had it since then because Derp and I are not very big fan on korean food. We usually eat Jap and Italian food more often but of cause we are good with Korean food. Just not that familar with the various Korean cuisines and especially all their names.

Everyone was 'on' with the idea of having Korean food that day. 



We ordered the Signature Combo which consists of 1 appetizer, 1 signature dish, 1 dessert and assorted side dishes. 

Even though it was meant for 2 pax, it was enough for us because we have plans to go elsewhere for 2nd round later on. 


Assorted side dishes.

The side dishes at Seoul Yummy is free flow! Damn shiok! The staff there took notice of us and attend to us very often even though we kept asking for refill. After they served us, they even ask enough anot? need more? I give them a 10/10 for their customer service. 

My favourite side dishes has got to be the cold toufu, ikan billis(no idea what it's called in Korean though) and kimchi! The radish looking thing and cucumber is a no no for me. 

For the signature dish, we definitely go for army stew!


Army Stew with Assorted Meat 

We were entitled to 1 appetizer for the combo. We ordered another 2 more appetizers to share since there's 4 of us :) 

Here are the appetizers we had, okay it seems more like side dishes to us haha! 


Spicy Rice Cakes



Kimchi Pancake


Mushroom Fritters 

The birthday girl favorite food is mushroom! Hence we ought to have a dish that contains mushroom :) It taste good though as this is something which I never had before. The other 2 I probably have come across it at some point of my life. 

I find the spicy rice cake abit too spicy for my liking and the kimchi pancake was good. 



Cooking the yummy army stew. But why no cheese? :( I still prefer my homecook version because we added cheese inside and it's so yummy! 


Group pic taken by the helpful staff after we were done with the army stew.

And it's dessert time! There were various options for the dessert, but we went ahead with bingsu because it seems so 'in' these days. Btw, it's my first time trying bingsu. 


Korean Bingsu 


Another group pic before starting on our bingsu lol. 

I find the texture of the bingsu served by Seoul Yummy is similar to taiwan shaved ice/ice kachang instead.

I ate bingsu from other place lately and it's probably authentic and nicer as compared to the bingsu at Seoul Yummy.  But oh well, the dessert come with the combo we ordered so nothing to complain about then haha! Good enough to satisfy our sweet tooth though :)

Here comes the surprise cake for the birthday girl!




Happy Birthday YY! May all your wishes come true :) 

There's this big arcade in Bugis Plus with lots of claw machines for you to try to win some luck for plushies. We spotted a big stitch at this seems-simple-but-actually-not game station. 


It looked like this and all we have to do is to throw the token we purchase from them and land exactly in the middle of those circles. It seems simple but the surface of it is very smooth. So you can't really use too much force but more like sliding the coin gently and accurately. 

So we try our luck and spend a total of 10 bucks but to no avail. No fate with the gigantic stitch though. However, it was really fun haha! Seems like ages since we last went to a arcade together. 

Ending off with a group picture together..



The food served was generally good and the service is definitely top notch. And if you are one who love those korean side dishes a lot, it's a place for you to go because it's free flow :)

Seoul Yummy @ Bugis Plus
201 Victoria Street, #04 -11 Bugis+, 188067
6509 6900

No comments :

Post a Comment