Thursday, December 17, 2015

Shape Yoga 2015, Brunch @ Lola's Cafe

After practicing Yoga for a year plus, I decided it's time to take the yoga practice to outdoor. It's not easy to cope with the awkwardness at first, but oh well after you start to concentrate and get in the mood, one will not be caring about all these mixed feelings but instead enjoy the process.

I roped my SIL to join me since there was a buddy sign up offer and the goodie bag was quite attractive. She just started her Yoga journey and I think such experience is beneficial :)

Due to the haze, the event was moved from The Lawn @ Marina Bay to inside Aperia Mall.

To be honest, I didn't know such a mall exist until I joined this event but it wasn't that difficult to locate. We reached there roughly 15 minutes earlier but there was not much space left. After some commotion, we managed to get a spot. The booths around the event start to relocate themselves so as to create more space for the participants.


#fromwhereidoyoga


A quick #welfie before the event starts. 

See I told you we weren't late, is just there's people who are even earlier than us haha! 


One of the almost ending poses

Even though we were very far off from the stage but by hearing the verbal instructions and the "monkey-see monkey-do" spirit, we managed to pull off the 1.5 hours of yoga session! 

It was roughly 9+am  when the whole event ended. We decide to have brunch together before heading home to rest our Sunday away. My stomach was growling away throughout the whole yoga session,

Since we both stay in the North East area, it's no doubt that we chose to have brunch at that area. I suggested Lola's cafe since my SIL did not went before and I had a good experience dining in there more than a year ago! Not forgetting there's no gst and service charge when dining in there :) 


The menu




My usual caffeine fix - I can't remember it's iced latte or iced cappuccino.



No trip to Lola's cafe is complete without their Truffles Fries - $12

We couldn't finish this big plate of truffle fries but it's indeed very shiok! 



I ordered the Avocado Eggs Benedict - $15 for my main. Very yummy and filling! I love Eggs Benedict these days :)



My SIL ordered the Breakfast Butter Crossiant - $14. I order this when I first dined in at Lola's Cafe and I do recommend this too.



#onthetable

And so we had a very hearty brunch at Lola's Cafe. I totally skipped my lunch and my next meal time is dinner time lol. 

I'll want to head back there for the dinner menu the next time round but it's a brunch place which I can never get sick of since it's so near to where I'm residing. 

Lola's Cafe
Address: 5 Simon Rd, S545893


#flatlay of what's in the goodie bag that was given to participant of Shape Yoga 2015

I don't blame the organizer for shifting the whole event indoor and at the very laste minute find a very make-shift area for this whole event. Oh well, at the very least they didn't cancelled it because I was looking forward to it since it's my first outdoor yoga event.

I can't comment much whether will I join it next year, maybe yes maybe no? We'll see then! 

No comments :

Post a Comment