Monday, April 11, 2016

Dinner @ Five & Dime Eatery





Chanced upon this sad news few days after I've dined in at Five & Dime Eatery (Went there on the 1st of April). So I reckoned I shall blog about it first since this review won't be useful after the 29th of April. And perhaps this can do some good to those who are heading there for the last time.

Derp and I went there on a Friday night (around 7+pm) and it was actually full house. We didn't make any reservation with them but they managed to gave us a table. I saw some who came after us and couldn't get a table because the place is full. They were asked to leave their contact number and when there's table available, they can make their way back again.

So point to note, do make your reservation if you are going there for the last time because I reckon many will do the same too! The place is quite deserted so there isn't much place for you to loiter around while waiting for your seats.


The exterior of the cafe


A cosy little cafe which probably house the most 20-30 guests. 


The dinner main's menu.

Derp and I ordered 2 mains to share so as to have the best of both world. 


Salted Egg Yolk Pasta - $20 

Joining in the #everythingsaltedeggyolk craze, that explains why we order this. 

To be honest, the 'marriage' between salted egg yolk and quite a lot of stuff (I've tried salted egg yolk fries before too, you may click here to find out more) do work out quite well.  And this goes the same for pasta.

There's a slight spicy taste in the pasta which I pretty like because it enhances the overall taste of the pasta. Not forgetting they cook the pasta with my favourite prawns. 

A thumbs up for this dish because I think they turn out quite well :) 


Mentaiko Pasta - $18

Another hot favorite at Five & Dime has got to be their Mentaiko Pasta. If you are one who is not into that has the 'raw fish' smell, then this pasta is not for you. Derp find the 'raw fish' smell too strong but it's totally fine for me.
But if I were to compare the Mentaiko Pasta to the Salted Egg Yolk Pasta, I'll still go for the Salted Egg Yolk Pasta despite it being more pricey :) 


Matcha Milkshake - $12 

Both of us love #everythingmatcha these days, so this is 1 of the best choice made to order the matcha one instead of the usual flavors. We whipped up every single bit of it simply because we are matcha lovers!

The cafe is not easily accessible unless you are driving or so. There's a few buses to that cafe from town area though.

However, because Derp and I were around that area to run errands hence we dropped by to have our dinner. One more cafe off the bucket list and I'm also sad that it's coming to an end soon. So for those who have yet to try, do go there before the 29th of  April if you are interested to try.

Five & Dime Eatery
297 River Valley Rd, Singapore 238338

No comments :

Post a Comment