Sunday, November 06, 2016

10th Anniversary Celebration @ GV Suntec Gold Class, Ultimate Crab Feast 2016 @ PARKROYAL on Beach Road

The 10th anniversary celebration was nothing fanciful. It was just another day out to spend quality time together because we have been way too busy with our driving lessons for that few months. 

Totally tired and worn out every weekend so we did put in some effort to cater some time to celebrate the anniversary. It's also a good chance to stop thinking about the upcoming driving exams which happens right after the anniversary celebration. We totally need to de-stress. 



Beautiful blooms on this special day.

This was actually a make up bouquet because I didn't get one on Valentine's day due to the exorbitant price. I'm fine with just a bouquet of flowers a year and the occassion doesnt really matters haha.



With the pretty flower blooms.


#welfie before we head out..



#OOTD that day. Dress & bag from Fayth and the dress has been worn to death since that day. 

Headed over to Suntec for our movie date. We finally put the movie voucher to good use and it was given by my uni mate as a wedding gift. It's also our first gold class experience after dating for a decade. 

However, the downside is I've to personally go down to redeem the tickets first before using them.

They should probably come up with a voucher code printed on the voucher so I can use it to book it online instead of personally going down to get the tickets. I know I should not be fussy about it but it will really saves a lot of time and trouble. 


Got the vouchers exchanged for these tickets before the anniversary celebration. FYI, movie timing are only released 1 week by 1 week so I've to quickly go redeem the tickets before it's full house.

To my surprise, there's quite a lot of people who chose to watch movie in gold class theater especially for such block busters. 


Our drinks for the movie. 

Would appreciate if they could help top up hot water or so during the movie screening because the air con was blasting, hence my tea gets cold really fast. I was not given a lid to cover up my tea too. So in the end, I only get to drink cold tea throughout the movie. 

Took some photos before the movie starts to mark our first gold class experience..



This very much reminded me of our wedding venue set up...


Derp commented he felt like a hospital patient in this photo. -_-'


:)

 I didn't bring my cardigan along so the blanket was very important to me. 


#welfie before the movie starts 

X-Men: Apocalyse is a nice movie. Do find some ways to watch it if you have not done so. Probably one of the better X-men movies as compared to the previous few. 

Doubt we will be going for anymore gold class experience unless necessary because we are fine with just the normal theaters though. Derp totally don't enjoy the 'sink in' feeling of the chair as he prefer to sit up straight. Me on the other side, had quite some fun adjusting the leg rest lol.  

Overall the experience was good but could have been better if they can improve on what I've mentioned earlier in my blogpost regarding the tickets and my cold tea. 

GV Suntec Gold Class
#03-373 Suntec City Mall, 3 Temasek Blvd, Suntec, Singapore 038983

We set off to our dinner venue after the movie. It's time for a crab feast because we have been craving for crab for quite sometime. 



The ultimate crab feast.

The restaurant was really crowded when we reached and we actually went to the wrong branch for the crab feast. Parkroyal has a few hotels that is having the ongoing crab buffet and we totally mixed up. We had already made reservation but ended up at the wrong place. 

But anyway we just go along with it since it's troublesome to travel from place to place since both hotels offer the same crab buffet, just slightly different in price due to the promotion at the different hotels. 

Enough of ranting, food pics as below. 


The salad bar which I will always go first for every buffet be it breakfast/lunch/dinner. 


Fruits station


Lots of fresh seafood



Where all the cooked crabs were..


Black pepper crab


Salted egg yolk crab

 I definitely came here for it because of the salted egg yolk craze at that time.

The different kind of crabs I took..



#onthetable 



Both of us love their black pepper crab the most. 



There's also the classic Chilli Crab and the fried bun. Yummy! 


Before digging in...


:) 

Lots of crabs on our table haha! 




Derp is doing the job for me so we need not snatch the tool to break open the crab shells. He did it for me all in one shot asI was quite lazy to do it myself too haha. Very afraid that I will make a mess everywhere. 


This is crab chawanmushi.

I know one can't really tell from here but there's actually some crab meat inside. Taste wise not any different from the normal chawanmushi.  

After eating down lots of crab, I decide to go around to see if there's any other crab related food which I've missed out other than crab itself.


The indian chef kindly heat up this prata for me and the prata must be one of the most crispy prata I've ever eaten before. It's so crispy! He told me to take the crab meat masala to goes with it. So I heeded his advice since I'm out to try something new and indeed, it's super yummy :) 

Totally worth the calories and that's probably the only carbo I ate that night.


I took the green tea chocolate chip ice cream for dessert before we left. I was literally bursting from all the eating so I didn't took any other desserts. 

The crab buffet costs us $150++. I can't remember if there's any credit card discount but I remember there is for certain credit cards and we did use it to make payment.

Apparently, the crab buffet comes back every year for a few months so do look out for them if you are a crab lover.

It's worth to give it a try as there's a wide variety of crabs and your appetite is huge. They do top up the crabs so fret not that there won't be any crab left if you are not 'fast' enough.

If you are does not have a huge appetite, you can just opt for eating crab from tze char stall and who knows it might be cheaper :) I can't taste much difference in the crabs offered by the hotel and normal tze char stall. But of course, the wide vareity offered by the hotel is a plus point and eating crabs at the hotel restaurant offers more comfort so it really depends on what you are looking for.

That's all for my review for the Ultimate Crab Feast 2016 @ Parkroyal on Beach Road.

PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore 
7500 Beach Road, Singapore 199591 
+65 6505 5666 

No comments :

Post a Comment