Sunday, January 01, 2017

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017 :)


Yet another year has pass by once again. 

2016 has been an eventful one and I'll be copying chunks I've wrote in my Dayre over here. I know I've been neglecting this little space because I had been focusing much on my Dayre. 

It's easier to update that platform as compared to here and this is a more 'serious' platform as compared to there. But this place will not be forgotten for sure as this is the place where I started writing more than 10 years ago. 

 "Summing up 2016 "

These were written 1 week before 2016 ends because it will take me quite sometime to finish writing this #2016review/#2016reflection 

2016 was filled with many ups and down. Indeed as challenging/more challenging that previous years but I always believe in what doesn't kills you makes you stronger. Right? :) 

" Honeymoon "

Embarked on our honeymoon trip on the first week of Jan 2016. 

Probably the best time to travel because it's really dreading to go back to work after 'restarting' the year. Air tickets were probably the lowest at that time too haha. 

It's a very impromptu decision though our cash flow is tight especially after the wedding. We just #yolo and went ahead. Not much planning as we were on day tour most of the time and it was one of our longer/further trip in recent years. 


Missing the blues.. 

Never thought the view will be so pretty and come to think of it I might just enjoy Maldives. 

One thing I regret not doing is to bring my sports gear to Perth. 

The weather and air is so apt for a good run. I only remember when I saw many locals doing their routine runs in the morning/evening :(


It was a mad crazy hunt for you but I'm glad we found you. In fac,t we found many of you but you guys can be quite scare of humans at times haha.

We traveled so many miles mainly cause of you :)

A good day spent with you at rottnest island and eventually I bought back the quokka soft toy as souvenir! 


So much love for this little fellow. 


Favorite pic of all time taken by us :) 

FYI, that's just the default face. The trick is to make it look up and you can see it's smiley face easily. 

Letting it hold onto his favorite food helps.. Pluck some for them and they will come after you haha..

 "Driving License" 


Something which I delay for years! 

It was the most torturing/busy 3-4 months of 2016. It meant juggling between personal life/work and attending lessons.

Sacrifice many sleeps on the weekends to attend driving lesson, and after work personal time (till 10.20pm, those were the most torturing ones) for driving lesson.

Totally no dating/social time for that few months because I just want to get it over and done with. 

Been there, done that and I will never miss those days ever. 


Got over and done with on the 2nd attempt and on the last day of my PDL :)

Probably the happiest thing that can happen to me in 2016. It was 10 years late but better than never.

Happy until tears can drop simply because my car is waiting for me to drive. Even though touching the steering wheel once again after getting the license require much courage lol.

But at the end of the day, it's all about getting used to it.

"小白 🚗"


Our biggest purchase after the house. 

I still remember how happy I was when I first saw you. 

Like a 初恋. 

Even though I always drool at other cars but you will always be my 'first love'.

You only has less than 1 year (from now on) with us but thanks for the memories. Life has been better with you around so I'm still thankful for your presence.

Probably gonna get quite emo when the day comes to bid goodbye to you. 

"BKK 2016"


The 4 of us finally went on a overseas trip together after saying it for ages haha. 

A different experience indeed and there's lots of first time in the trip. The epic moment when we were brought to a scam restaurant and hard to get out of it. Lol! 

Haven really get down to writing about the new discoveries of this BKK trip and I hope I do it soon.

"8 Races"


Enough said. This picture says it all. 

A total of 8 races in 2016. Back to the running streak and it felt like where I started in 2014. 

Dropped to 6 races in 2015 because way too busy with wedding prep and glad to be back to races in 2016. 

I already foresee lesser race in 2017 due to work commitment and probably no time to run (brain probably too tired after work) so I can only join those major races then. 

I've already signed up for 2 races in 2017! :) 

 "Thankful for the healthy/injury free year"

I'm glad I didn't suffer from any runner injury like in the past. Had a fall/minor sprain in 2015 at workplace and I had to stop running for 3 weeks? My ankle was swollen like pig trotters and it was being wrapped up by the TCM. 

Fall sick very badly in 2015 too (3 days mc straight and I had a super long weekend). 

So I'm really thankful for a healthy/injury free year.

"Career"

I don't know to count it as a blessing in disguise anot because within a few years, I changed my scope of work quite a few times.

来来去去the skill set is almost the same but every year I'm being allocated to do new stuffs. It's as good as restarting because I have to 'forget' the old one, and absorb the 'new' one like a sponge. 

To learn new stuff is always good because I won't get bored of doing the same old stuff again. But the learning curve is really steep. The upcoming milestones/deadline scare the shit out of everyone. So there will not be any luxury to learn things slowly. 

With more responsibility coming, I can only pray to bite on and tight through. Things will probably only get better after Q2 of 2017. Sad truth :(

The only rewarding part is, I'm still getting the sense of achievement like as before when things are finally delivered and completed.

"2017"

A challenging year ahead indeed. 

Still working out how to manage my time properly so I can still do what I love in the midst of the busy schedule. Probably cutting down on the number of days I run by making the distance up on LDR day(definitely weekend). 

It might meant waking up on weekend mornings to go for a run too (though I dread it badly). But I guess it's all worth to do something I love? I hope I can stay motivated.

"Goodbye 2016"

Thankful for a great 2016. Time to welcome 2017 with both arms. Set some resolutions but I shall keep them to myself. One of which is definitely to keep this space 'alive' :) More interesting posts to come so please be patience and stay tune. 

Hereby, wishing everyone a wonderful and blessed 2017 ahead! :) 

No comments :

Post a Comment