Sunday, September 27, 2015

Brunch @ Whisk & Paddle

During the Jubliee long weekend, the first appointment I scheduled was to have a catch up session with highness. It's time for a good brunch session since we haven't met for quite sometime. Long weekends are best for catching up with friends :) 

This time round, we decide to go to a brunch venue somewhere so near to home! It's none other than Whisk & Paddle located at Punggol. 

There's straight bus from my place to the brunch venue but we met at Sengkang MRT station and took a train there instead even though it's just 1 MRT stop away. We then took the LRT and alighted at Riveria LRT station. I only came to know about the straight bus once I alighted at the LRT Station.

We took a slow walk to Tebing Lane. It's my first time there even though I've stayed in the north eastern part of Singapore for a year plus. There's other restaurants/eateries located there too. One of the more famous ones has got to be Uncle Leong seafood restaurant . I've heard sooo much about it but no chance to try it yet. Maybe soon! 

Even though it was a public holiday, the crowd at that area do surprise me despite being very way off on the Singapore map. There were actually many cyclists/families stopping by for their brunch/lunch. 


Easily spotted with their big signage 


The interior of the cafe. 


The cafe is overlooking my favorite park. A view that is nothing new but always beautiful to me.

There was a queue so we left our names and telephone numbers down while waiting for the seats to be ready. We went to take some photos and within 15 minutes, we got our seats. Time to help each other take #OOTD to kill some time. 


#OOTD taken with the signage. 


After we were seated inside the cafe, I spotted the kids corner. This cafe is kids friendly and makes it easier for the parents to enjoy their meal/catch up with friends. There were cyclists parking their bikes outside the cafe too while they have dine in the cafe. 



The menu 

While waiting for our seats, we have some sort decided on what to have for brunch so we ordered our food within 5 minutes after sitting down.


Our drinks! That's my Iced Latte (if I never remember wrongly) and highness's Iced Tea. 


As for my mains. I ordered the Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon - $13

This is the very first time I ate Eggs Benedict on a waffle and also smoked salmon to goes with it. It actually goes really well with it. The waffles are of the right texture and everything taste good! 


#flatlay of our brunch

Highness ordered the Eggs Benedict with Streaky Bacon which also costs $13. There are other choices like honey baked ham and sauteed mushrooms.  

Some photos we took before we start eating..




Love the fish eye lens that Highness always brings with her :) Definitely face no problem capturing all the details inside 1 photo.  Maybe I should consider investing in one too lol. 


Last photo of the day and I love this pic of us! 

This cafe has make it to one of my top choice to revisit again to have brunch or perhaps lunch/dinner soon since it's so near and convenient for me. The price is pretty reasonable for brunch but slightly on the pricey side for their mains for lunch/dinner. 

I hope that there will be more cafes/eateries popping out in the north eastern area in time to come :) 


Whisk & Paddle
Address: 10 Tebing Lane, #01-01, Singapore 828836

No comments :

Post a Comment