Monday, March 09, 2015

Preparation for CNY 2015!

Chinese New Year has got to be the busiest period for me around the whole year. That goes the same for Xmas but the preparation work for Chinese New Year is definitely much much more!

In the past, it was about making myself look good/presentable afterall it happen only once a year. Some things are mandatory to me and need to be done. But this Chinese New Year is slightly different because I've to handle my own house too. In the past it was spring cleaning one room, now it's about spring cleaning the whole house. 

Not forgetting the fact that I made homemade cny goodies this year since it's just the two of us. No point buying and in the end we can't finish it. Homemade is still the best! This CNY is really busy to the max

On the last day of January, I decided to get my hair colored for Chinese New Year! It's been nearly a year since I colored my hair. And I need not say much, the color I decide to go for this year is definitely red. Chinese New Year is one of those times whereby you can have anything red without people giving you weird stares.

Hair done at Hair Inn @ Seletar Mall :) Now I do miss those red because all of them have faded away after 1 month. If only red do not fade that fast, I will gladly colored my hair red each time I go back to the salon. 


Taken by my hair stylists, Chester.



A #selfie taken with it.  Actually I took lots, this is just one of the better ones lol. 


One more taken at my guests room!

And since this is the first year at the new house, we did put up some CNY decoration too.


Very much preferred this kind of red velvet decoration rather than the old school couplets.


Bought this to hang for fun too and that's the only thing we hang around the house.

This time round we started putting up the deco in January. So that it doesn't come to a waste as it will be displayed for more than a month hehe!


The tree which my mum got for us. Yes it traveled a long way to my new place. The thing about plant is that although it may look nice, but we haven't really think of how to dispose it yet. Probably got to carry it down to the rubbish chute ourselves.

The yearly affair with the chi ku chips doesn't stop after I shifted out. I made time out to travel back to my parents' place so as to made chi ku chips with my mum. For my own consumption and for gifting to mum's friends/relatives and also my own friends. 



All the chi ku chips done in a day. 

I didn't expect her to buy that much chi ku to make chi ku chips though because I only requested for like 3 bottles. 


All the homemade stuff ready for CNY. Definitely more than enough for the 2 of us! 


My CNY theme red nails done by sister in law :) 

I only got it done the week before and am glad that it lasted for 3 weeks without peeling. Had them removed as I find my nails getting too long and it's hindering me to do household chores. 

I took one day leave before CNY's eve to do some spring cleaning. Totally too busy over the weekends hence a very last minute decision to take leave for CNY.


And my mum came over to pass me some veggies to place in the kitchen. Can't really remember what's the name of it but I've seen everyone grabbing it at NTUC during that period lol. I think it's 葱 and something else. 

No idea what's the significance of it and can't seem to find any information on google though.

Last but not least, all these soft toys have a good bath before CNY! Have been wanting to give them a good bathe because it's a good whole half year that they are being placed in the open. They are covered with lots of dusty. 


That's about it for the busy CNY preparation. Although it may be taxing and tiring, but it's all worth it and this year CNY indeed felt really different :)

Be back soon with more updates!

No comments :

Post a Comment