Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Jara Petit @ Dhoby Ghaut Xchange

I do follow lots of food bloggers/channels on instagram or any others social media platform and am always on a look out for good food. 

I first chanced upon Jara Petit on 8 Days Eat's instagram and it was during the durian season. I was totally attracted to their durian cheese cakes because it's something new to me.

Derp and I happened to pass by the stall front of Jara Petit while we were at that area for Maplesea's 10th Year Anniversary Celebration. I took this chance to grab some of their cheesecups to try it out. 


The pretty packaging of the cheesecups.


The flavours we chose were (from left to right) : Durian, Cookies and Cream and Matcha


That's how the interior of the Durian cheesecups look like. They uses real durian meat and I can totally taste the durian fruit. And that's digestive biscuits at the base of the cake. 

All their cheesecakes have biscuits as their base which is Derp's favourite kind of cheesecakes. Hence he's willing to try this new concept of cheesecakes in a cup with me :) 


Cookies and Cream 

This time round, it's the oreo biscuit that's the base of the cheesecup. It taste good too.


Matcha 

Last but not least, Matcha flavour! Their matcha is better than what I expected but to me anything related to Matcha is nice.

Personally, I also prefer cheesecakes in such form(with biscuits as the base) as it's much more yummier than the normal cheesecakes. 

A box of 3 cheesecups cost $9.50 which I think it belong to the high end kind of dessert lol. As for size wise, it's smaller than the normal kind of cupcakes but somehow their price seems to be the same. It's defintely not those kind of cakes which I will buy and eat for fun on normal days.

You can find out the various flavours of cheesecups on their website

Jara Petit @ Dhoby Ghaut Xchange
11 Orchard Rd #B1-35 Dhoby Xchange

No comments :

Post a Comment