Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Hello Kitty Run 2015

Hello Kitty Run 2015 was my last race of 2015. I can't believe I chose a fun run as my last race but I've no choice but to give SCMS a miss this year so to make up for it, I went for Hello Kitty Run! #betterthannothing

Oh well, at the very least it's a no stress and no frills run. While I was clearing leave during the December period, the flu bug kept coming for me on and off after my wedding. So no doubt, I was running this race with a flu :( Since I've already paid so much for this race so I won't give it a miss despite the occasionally water-tap nose. 

Derp collected the race pack on my behalf. I'm surprised to see so many goodies in the racepack, not forgetting the very cute shoe bag :)


Some racepack collection photos Derp took to show me while he was collecting my racepack..



There wasn't any crowd despite it being lunch time and there were lots of counters.


I did buy the towel and could not collect it yet because it's not available. Derp then helped me to collect on the race day itself while waiting for me to finish the race :) 


19/12/2015 - Hello Kitty Run 2015


#flatlay taken hours before the race commence.

On race day, I can't really remember what's the first flag off timing but I think it was around 6+pm. It was a evening run and I do remember I was late to make it to the first / second wave of runners. There were a total of 5 flag off waves.

However, there was a massive human congestion going on while making I was making my way to the race pen. 


Massive human jam! 


Took the chance to take some photos before squeezing through the human jam to get to the race pen.


Enjoying the sunset while waiting for flag off. Can't believe the sun is already setting by the time we start the race.



#welfie with my race buddy of the day while waiting for flag off. It's my SIL's first race :)


It was a long wait before the flag off. We belonged to the 4th wave or final wave of runners (can't really remember) and Hello Kitty did came out to dance and greet the runners. 

I do find the mascots kind of dirty and a bit too skinny already. Need to pump it up more haha and they ought to have a good bath! 


Yay to the finishing line and I confirmed the race was more than 5km. I'm not the only one who noticed it because there's others around me who on their runkeeper. 

Oh well running/walking more means burning more calories so nothing bad about it! 


My first race with my more-than-a-decade-long girl friend haha! Didn't even know she's participating in this race but that's because she wanted to get the HK's medal and soft toy for her sister.


Yay to completng her first race!



Dedicating this medal to Derp and hope that his leg will recover soon so that we can run together again.



One group pic taken by the official photographer. The official photographer see us trying very hard to take a #welfie actually so he offered his help lol.  

Overall the race was quite enjoyable and well organized despite the huge amount of people attending. I believed the organizers have learnt from their past mistakes and made the 2015 race a better one. 

But anyway it should be called Hello Kitty Walk instead of run because the amount of people walking is definitely more than those who were running.The route was alright despite many parts of the route were blocked by public visiting those areas and we are bound to bump into them. 

Doubt I'll join the 2016 one( if there's one) because joining it once in my life time is more than enough to gain that experience because I'm not that a big Hello Kitty fan afterall.

That's all for the last episode of my running journey in 2015. More to come in 2016! 

No comments :

Post a Comment