Monday, March 06, 2017

28th Birthday Celebration - Birthday Cake from SugarbyJ, CantonParadise @ Compass One, Cityhotpot Shabu Shabu @ One Raffles

Months back I've blogged about my birthday celebration at the Pokemon Exhibition Center and now I'm back to continue other details of the birthday celebration on the day.

For my 28th birthday, I wanted a matcha flavoured and yet instagrammable looking cake. I knew I've to asked my good friend (the owner behind  SugarbyJ) to help me customize the cake according to my liking haha! 


My birthday cake from SugarbyJ

So pretty right? :) I was into drip cakes and never had one before. So my wish came true hehe!


With my birthday cake :)


A #welfie before I blow the candles and cut the cake..


And that's what the interior of the cake looks like. I'm feeling hungry while looking at this picture haha!  

Anyway, the flavor of the cake is Matcha and Black Seasame. To me, anything matcha is nice haha! It does goes well with lots of other flavors like white chocolate, chocolate and etc. So far, I haven't find one person who doesn't like Matcha! 

Do visit SugarbyJ, follow them on Instagram and Facebook okay? :) I love their cakes the most haha!

We went out for our late lunch(after cutting and eating the birthday cake) at Canton Paradise @ Compass One. Was craving for some dim sums and were lazy to think of elsewhere for lunch hence we settled it at somewhere nearby. 


Comfort food but I think we over ordered lol.


This cute piggy bun is actually Molten Lava Bao (Liu Sha Bao)


Can't help but take a picture with the cute piggy buns haha (even though can't really see from the picture).


Very yummy but the down side is that it's quite small in size. 

 CantonParadise @ Compass One
#03-19/20 Compass One, 1 Sengkang Square, Compass One, Singapore 545078


After our late lunch, we head over to Sentosa for the Pokemon Exhibition. As mentioned before in that blogpost, we had sometime to spare before meeting Pikachu at the Pokemon Exhibition Center. So we went to the Sea Aquarium first to kill some time.

Not our first time to the Sea Aquarium and we felt it didn't change much since the last time we went (years ago). 



A very blur #welfie of us because of the lighting inside the Sea Aquarium.


Hello Nemo and Dory! :) 


We were there when the divers were feeding the fishes. So we spent some time watching what's going on for a good 15 minutes or so and we do enjoy it.


Cute jelly fishes!


Always find them very pretty and of course cute haha! 


Thought this will make a good OOTD shot but okay la. Very dark inside and I'm way too lazy to edit it haha!


A not so blur #welfie :) 


A very random place and I asked Derp to pose lol. 


One of the more interesting fishes that I've spotted. I think it's name has something to do with Dragon (due to it's shape). 



Before we leave the Sea Aquarium, took more shots! But the photos all turned out way too blue though :(


The official birthday #ootd shot that I posted up on Instagram. 

We head for our early dinner after the Pokemon Exhibition. Though we weren't hungry yet but we just made our way down to the restaurant. Birthday dinner was not at any fancy place but at Cityhotpot Shabu Shabu @ One Raffles! I've actually blogged about it before here when I went there with my gfs.

Had a good experience that timje so I decided to have it again on my birthday. It's Derp's first time though and he do enjoy it as much as I do (especially the Tom Yum soup!).

Alright pictures below...


There's a group of friends throwing a birthday surprise celebration at the restaurant too. So much of a coincidence haha! I do wonder if the birthday girl/guy has the same birth date as me. 

We ordered the set for 2 (the basic set is good enough for us to feel very full after that).



The mixed soup base which require us to top up $$ for it. Worth it! 


This is just part 1 of the food served..


The meat (my favourite) and seafood came shortly after..




All the yummy food for hotpot! 


Lots of smoke blowing out from the hotpot haha! 


And last but not least, before we dig in (concentrate on eating), we requested the waitress to help us take a photo on this special day. Thumbs up for the good service from them.


:) 

Am always glad that I have my love one celebrating my birthday year after year for the past many years! I've already reached the age whereby I feel that birthday is just another day perhaps for me to just relax and chill around, That will be suffice enough because it's the companionship that counts :) 

Cityhotpot Shabu Shabu @ One Raffles
1 Raffles Place, #04-28 One Raffles Place, One Raffles Place Shopping Mall, 048616

No comments :

Post a Comment