Tuesday, June 17, 2014

8th Years Anniversary & Sundown Marathon Staycation @ Marina Bay Sands Hotel (Day 1 - Sweetspot @ MBS, Jia Xiang Mee @ Raspura Masters Foodcourt)

Derp and I had a early 8th years anniversary celebration @ Marina Bay Sands Hotel for a 3 days 2 nights staycation!  

Honestly speaking, it was more than coincidence that Derp's mum have a room @ MBS from 30th May to 1st June. Just so happen that it coincide with our  Sundown Marathon, we went ahead for the staycation though it means carrying more stuff to the stacyation (sports wear, running shoes and etc). 

Derp wasn't fond of all this staycation because he think it's troublesome to pack and bring all the essentials for just a 1 or 2 nights stay. But this time, he's okay with it after I told him we can walk to the starting point of the marathon and walk back then (without worrying about transport after the marathon since it will be like 4-5am in the morning).What's more, we haven't go on a vacation/staycation since our last BKK trip during my birthday last year. #sadlife 

A mini staycation #likefinally to unwind ourselves and celebrate the end of our house renovation which lasted for more than 3 months (include planning phase). 

No more calls from the contractors/IDs causing me to crack my head to solve the problem or me calling up people/planning all the work schedule/delivery for the workers on Saturday. *pop champange*

I was on a full day leave that day whereas Derp was on half day leave. Derp met his mum @ MBS and she checked in for us. I was late (There was a jam on a Friday afternoon! #offalltimes) . When I reached MBS, Derp fetched me up. His mum purposely requested for high level floor room for us and of cause a bigger room. It was the best room that we have stay in as compared to our first two staycation in MBS.


Love the room...


Love this toilet a lot especially when it comes with 2 sinks! Oh and not forgetting the bathtub which serves as a healing pod after our Sundown Marathon.


Toilet within a toilet, (it was opposite the bathtub) 1 for peeing/shitting and another for bathing with rain shower. 



The view from 44th floor. 

I've lost counts of how many times I've ran here and it always give me fixed feelings whenever I look at it. Thinking back on why I starting running marathons and the feeling of completing marathons :)


#Selfie with the big ass mirror in the room. Bad hair day that day! 


Trying to show the contrast between me and the size of the room.


A close up shot...


#OOTD taken @ MBS Hotel Lobby. 

We went down to Sweetspot to grab some food to eat because I was feeling hungry! It's a carbo loading staycation so there's not a need to care too much.


Love the pastries @ Sweetspot though it's not that cheap.





We ordered one of the peach danish and also a sandwich for our high tea in the hotel room.


Their sandwich menu and I've tried quite a few of them before! Love their sandwiches :)


Our high tea that afternoon - Roasted beef sandwich and Peach Danish from Sweetspot and TWG tea with courtesy from MBS hotel.

Sweetspot @ MBS
#01-30, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, 2 Bayfront Avenue

We chill and surf net in the hotel room while watching  HBO channel movie. I remember we were so caught up with Hansel and Gretel: The Witch Hunters till we went out at 9pm for a really late dinner. 

Can't really decide where to eat for dinner but we reckon that Raspura Masters Foodcourt would be the best choice because they have a really wide variety of food there! You will be so spoiled for choice and can't decide what to eat because most of the food just look too good :)

I went to get Jia Xiang Mian for myself because it's been really long since I ate it. Derp and I used to have it really often when Jia Xiang Mee was still around in Jurong Point. Too bad it has closed down for quite sometime due to poor business. 


My all time favourite Jia Xiang Mian.The portion was also just nice for me since I'm not really hungry. 



The soup which comes with it.

Derp saw me came back with Jia Xiang Mian and he went like O.O. I knew he was going to order their curry noodle because it's his favourite and after he asked me where's the store, he went off to buy his curry noodle.


I must admit, their curry noodle is really spicy hence Derp loves it a lot! I can't really take the spicyness so I only ate like once before.

I was afraid I get hungry later of the night so I went around hunting for my supper. Got myself a slice of cake and also custard bun from Raspura Masters Foodcourt too. In the end, we left the cake till the very next day and ate it before the marathon.

Raspura Masters Foodcourt
Canal Level, Marina Bay Sands (10 Bayfront Ave.), Singapore 018956

Our supper that night. 


Derp was fast asleep that night because he went to work that day. I'm wide awake so I was eating my supper, watching HBO movie, drafting a blog entry..

And it was less than 24 hours to conquer Sundown that day..*nervous to the max*


The night view from the room. 

When I looked at it that day from the room's balcony, I told myself "tml is the night, I shall conquer this place" and yes I did it :)

Read more about my Sundown Marathon experience here.

No comments :

Post a Comment