Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Tiong Shian Porridge 長城粥品

It's been a really really long time since we went Chinatown for porridge. I used to frequent that porridge stall every week or so during my good old schooling days due to it's affordable price. 

Derp and I will pass by Outram MRT station while on our train back from the new house. 

We initially wanted to settle dinner back at our current place but I randomly pop the question to Derp while we were reaching Outram, asking him do he want to patronize our favourite porridge store.

It was an impromptu date to that place :) A 5-10 minutes walk from Outram MRT and we reached the destination. It was really late, like near 9pm hence it wasn't that crowded and we are able to find seats easily.


We ordered the usuals but without the raw fish this time because we were afraid we couldn't finished it. 

The very nice crispy tou fu. 

The essence of the toufu are actually on top of them. In the past, they used to be quite generous with it, covering the whole piece of tou fu with those essencce but not now. :(

I ordered the pig liver porridge. I think it doesn't taste as nice as in the past. 


Derp's century egg porridge.



Our feast that night which costs us only $10.70! :)

I do think the standard have dropped as compare to few years ago. At the very least, the pricing have not differ much from then.

Tiong Shian Porridge 長城粥品
Ann Kway Building, 265 New Bridge Road

There's a stall selling bbq chicken next to it and I was really very tempted but I curbed it. But the bbq chicken wings are not cheap and a minimum order of 3 must be met, hence I didn't try it. 

I'll still go back there to patronise the porridge though the standard might have drop, probably to reminiscence the good old days memories. It isn't that bad, just not as nice as before. I'm hoping they will be back on track or perhaps I should go down earlier the next time so as not to eat the leftovers :)

No comments :

Post a Comment