Tuesday, October 07, 2014

My First House Warming Party (Elsie's Kitchen Catering)

Derp and I had our first house warming session on the 14/9/2014. We didn't make it earlier as we were waiting for the hungry ghost festival to be over. 

The first session was for our family members and also some of my friends. We agreed on having various catering session for bigger groups and as for the smaller groups, we will just stick to small gatherings (be it a pizza/potluck session).

My cousins were busy with my niece's PSLE hence they couldn't make it on the house warming day. We can always gather at some other time at my new place. 

I collected my selfie stick from Esther the day before. Hence, I decided to try out the selfie stick after we packed the house the day before the house warming hehe! 


:) Derp can't be bothered with me after this shot -_-


So I went to took a welfie with something else. Lol. A photo with these 2 who always accompany me to watch the TV :) 

We ordered our food from Elsie's Kitchen.catering. We told them to come around 11:30am to set up but they reached around 11:00am. Their reason for being so early is they have quite a number of places to go that day. So they came to my place first if not they will be late to deliver the food to my place. 

I was quite surprised that they came so early to set up and also worried. As I don't really expect my guests to come early, and I'm pretty worried that my food will turn cold even before my guests arrive. 


We decide to place the food near the lift area because it we were to put at the corridor area, it will be too cramped for our guests to walk. Anyway, we might place the food nearer to our house instead of the lift area in the future catering.



Lots and lots of food that day :) 


Can't help but to take a #OOTD with it. Top from My Glamour Place, you can check out the review here


A welfie to mark our first house warming event! 

Alright some pics of the catering food..looks really yummy! 


Lots of food! 


The food items we chose are: 

1) Glutinous Rice 
2) Yi Fu Noodle
3) Baby Kailan with Mushroom
4) Curry Chicken
5) Sweet and Sour Fish
6) Mapo Toufu 
7) Vegetable Spring Roll
8) Honey Shrimp Wanton
9) Burbur Hitam (Black Glutinous Rice)  
10) Fruit Punch

My review of the food:

1) Glutinous Rice - A bit hard to scope as they are really sticky, however when you eat it, it's really soft. 
2) Yi Fu Noodle - A little disappointed with the noodles they used, I was expected the flat kind of noodles instead of the normal noodles. 
3) Baby Kailan with Mushroom - No comments on this, just the average veges I've eaten.
4) Curry Chicken - I didn't really try it but I can tell the gravy is those thick type. So if people want ot use it as gravy for their rice/noodles, it doesn't really match. 
5) Sweet and Sour Fish - The fish by itself is super salty (No idea why they make it so salty). But it comes with a big tub of sweet and sour sauce, you really have to eat it with the sauce if not you are going to drink lots of water after that.
6) Mapo Toufu - I find the dish perfectly fine, but Derp don't like it due to the tou fu they use. They used those egg tou fu (round) type and not the square type. 
7) Vegetable Spring Roll - Their fried stuff taste good. 
8) Honey Shrimp Wanton - I love anything that has prawn in it! So this dish is good for me. 
9) Burbur Hitam (Black Glutinous Rice)  - No regrets choosing this dessert as everyone praise that it's good. Many thought that it's red bean soup but it's not :) Not too sweet and even the old folks like it. 
10) Fruit Punch - The normal average fruit punch, at the very least not too sweet. 

Took photos with my friends who came that day..


We were using Li Hua's atas selfie stick which comes with a remote button on the selfie stick itself. 

More welfies taken around the house...




We were trying to take photos of the toy behind but failed haha! 


Only managed to capture some of them, better than nothing lol! 

The caterer only came back near 6pm. On one hand I'm glad that they came back so late, this will mean I have time to let my guests ta bao for their dinner. But on the other hand, we were afraid that things got stolen so we will rather they come earlier to faster clear it away.

I tried calling them up but no one picked up the phone. Seems to me that it's a busy day for them, Oh well at the very least, my guests who came late are allow to slowly enjoy their food and then ta bao. A win-win situation.

It was a not bad experience with Elsie's Kitchen Catering given the fact that they are affordable. And also they provide rental of chairs/tables.

But for my future catering, I will like to try other caterers because there's so many catering companies out there. Afterall, there isn't much chance in life you will order catering too! Am currently on the way to plan the next house warming catering session, stay tune for more reviews of other caterers :)

1 comment :