Sunday, December 28, 2014

Shin-Sapporo Ramen @ Orchard Gateway

It was a belated birthday meetup with Li Hua and we got our partners along at the very last minute for the dinner meetup. 

Now that I've shifted out, it's not easy to meet my west side friends so often. We will have to bear with the crowd and find a dinner venue in town area. Before our partners arrive, we actually went to Koh Grill and Sushi Bar to take a look but the queue really scary! Decided not to waste our time queuing and so we took a stroll to Orchard Gateway (since our partners were late).

We initially decide to dine in at Supply and Demand since none of them been there before except me, I find the food not bad especially the truffle fries but it's a little costly. My reviews are up here if you have not read it yet.

They have a small screen outside the shop which allows you to leave down your contact number and at the same time telling you how many people are infront of the queue. There were 30+ groups of people waiting before us. We were there around 7pm and I can't believe it's sooo long queue. The other time I went is not like that leh :( 

Perhaps it's a Friday night hence everywhere is crowded in town. Especially if it's Christmas month!

We decide to continue roam around Orchard Gateway to find a venue for our dinner since we are so far back in the queue for Supply and Demand. We chanced upon Shin-Sapporo Ramen 

There wasn't any queue, we flipped through the menu and the price is reasonable, what's more there's empty seats for 4 of us. Yay! 



I ordered the Hakata Tonkotsu Ramen - $ 14.80


Derp ordered the Wakayama Tonkotsu - Shoyu Ramen - $14.80

This 2 ramens looked the same! The main difference will be with the soup broth, one without shoyu and one with shoyu stock added.


Li Hua ordered the Hiyashi-Chuka Soba (Cold Ramen) - $13.80

A very interesting choice of ramen but I didn't get to try it though. But I did asked Li Hua how is it and she said it was good. 

Kenneth ordered the same ramen as I did hence there's only pictures of 3 mains instead of 4. 

The dining experience at  Shin-Sapporo Ramen was not bad. Service was good and they responded to us fast enough. Reasonable price and the ramen is tasty. 

Shin Sapporo Ramen (Orchard Gateway)
Address: #B2-04A/05, Orchard Gateway, 277 Orchard Road

We forgot to take any group photo and we parted to do our own xmas shopping with our partners. But anyway, it was a nice meetup with them talking about their korea trip. 

Li Hua also passed me my belated birthday presents, one of which is the towel headband which 多多uses in 爸爸去哪里2 :) A very cute towel headband to prevent your hair from getting wet while washing your face haha! When I first saw 多多 using it in the show, I was telling Derp I want to get it too because it's so cute. 

Derp and I went to see Xmas lighting after we parted from them. We decided not to do any xmas shopping because it's so crowded everywhere.


The tree outside paragon.



Can't remember where is this tree located at but it should be near The Heeren. 

Hereby presenting to you the biggest xmas tree I can find in Orchard..


The xmas tree at Ion Orchard.





Last but not least, a picture with Derp at one of the random xmas tree as background :)

No comments :

Post a Comment