Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Preparation for Christmas 2014

Derp and I have been hunting down a Christmas tree since mid November and we eventually bought one 4ft Christmas tree from NTUC. 

At first, we wanted to buy it from Metro, but either it was too small or too big and in terms of price. it's much more expensive than what's sold in NTUC. What's more the small trees come with all the decoration ornaments which we don't really like. We want to buy our own deco and hang it up ourselves :) 

It's more meaningful that way and this will mean every year I will have excuse to get new deco haha! Christmas has never been so fun before for the past 26 years. 


The very bare tree when we just set up. 

Though I haven't think of whether there's space to keep it in my store room, but nvm just enjoy first lol. *Cross fingers there will be space* 

When Derp's on ICT, I went to Japan Home to see the LED lighting. It cost less than 15 bucks for a 300 LED Lights. I consulted the sales person to ask  how many LED lights should I buy for my 4ft tree, since there's 200 and 300. 

The sales person told me it's good to get more LED lights  rather than lesser, because if the LED lights are not long enough to wrap around the tree it will be quite ugly (Some parts of the tree have lights, some part don't!) . I decided on getting the 300 LED lights and there's many modes to it (all conrolled by a small controller attached to it). All of them look so pretty! The very most one need to do is to go around the tree again and again if the lights are more than enough. 

I went home that day and set it all up myself. #trustmeiamanengineer I went round the tree almost twice because of the excess number of LEDs. I'm quite happy with the final results though :) 

I wanted to surprise Derp when he's back from ICT so I did it all by myself. I still remember the day he came back, I was out for a jog and he messaged me "the tree so chio" lol. 


Xmas tree lighted up on 1st of December. 

Some of the ornaments we bought...


A pair of snowman from Japan Home


A pair of Reindeer from Japan Home.


We bought a total of 2 packets of these colorful balls from Japan Home. 1 packet contains 6 balls. 


The little present which I found at Japan Home @ Seletar Mall. Bought a packet of silver and gold presents, 1 packet contains 4 presents. 


This is from Japan Home @ Seletar Mall too. One packet contains 2 of these "Merry Christmas" signage.

We were on the hunt for the big Star to put on top of the tree so we went to Daiso @ Rivervall Mall. 

However, to no avail, we still couldn't find it and simply find an alternative to it.   


The donut looking shape wreath is from Daiso. It doesn't comes with the Merry Xmas signage and we has 2 (used 1 for the tree) so another 1 should go here. All ready to welcome our guests for Christmas party! 

We have seen many of our neighbors decorating their doors too. The Christmas atmosphere is kind of there even though the place is still new. 


Final look of the tree! No star so we make do with a xmas hat then.


Not forgetting a #OOTD with the xmas tree the other day. It seems to be a good ootd spot! I should just decorate that area with some other stuffs after xmas/cny.

Now that the house is all ready, I'm looking forward to the christmas gathering this weekend! Lots of feasting going on this festive seasons and a need to work extra hard to maintain the waist line. A viscous cycle indeed but afterall it's only once a year. So enjoy it while it lasts :)

No comments :

Post a Comment