Saturday, December 20, 2014

Song Fa Bak Ku Teh @ Seletar Mall

A impromptu dinner date with highness at Seletar Mall since she haven't been there yet.

I've tried Song Fa Bak Ku Teh once @ the Clarke Quay  branch and don't mind trying it again (to fix my bak ku teh craving) though I prefer Ya Hua Bak Ku Teh.

The queue have been so long ever since it opened at Seletar Mall. Highness reached at around 7pm and I asked her to queue up first. We went on a weekday hence the queue is slightly shorter but the wait is also around half an hour.

I reached at around 7.30pm and less than 5 minutes of waiting, we got our seats. Grateful to highness who went to queue first :)  The waitress took our orders before we were given a seat so as to speed up the process. 


The menu. Not much difference from the one at Clarke Quay branch.



So many people! 

The best thing about them is they have lots of waiters and waitresses on standby. Hence, your food will come fast too and tables are being cleared quickly to meet the demands. 


Highness don't eat pork ribs hence she ordered fish slice soup (6.50) at a bak ku teh restaurant lol. 

We also ordered the salted vegetables ($1.50) and dough frtters ($1.20) to share. I had my usual pork rib soup($7.00). :) Not forgetting our rice and barley drink.

Photos before we start digging in..




We spend around 10 bucks each which I personally think it's affordable.

Some people may think paying more than 5 bucks is expensive for eating bak ku teh but I'm those who will pay for good bak ku teh soup kind of person. It's not easy to find bak ku teh soup which suits my taste. I'm quite picky with the soup. Totally don't like those kind of black herbal bak ku teh soup.

Anyway, I personally find the bak ku teh soup not as nice as the branch in Clarke Quay. Maybe due to the blasting air con in Seletar Mall. The soup gets cold really fast. Despite them refilling the soup for me, it's still cold. :( Everything was fine except for that.

Nevertheless when the queue gets shorter or when I got the mood to queue, I will still go back there to eat again. Afterall, it's only a few bus stops away and 2 LRT stops away from my place and I can get good quality bak ku teh:) Hopefully I will have a better eating experience the next time round.

Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (The Seletar Mall)
#01-39/40/41, The Seletar Mall, 33 Sengkang West Avenue

No comments :

Post a Comment