Friday, January 09, 2015

Derp's Birthday Part 2: Homecook Mee Sua, Movie Date & Dinner @ Chomp Chomp (Macpherson Seafood BBQ Branch)

On the actual day of Derp's birthday,other than cutting the cake at 12am, I cooked birthday mee sua for him :) 

I told him that I will try my best to hold this chinese tradition till I'm old. Which means I will cook this for him and our kids( if there's any) on every of their birthday. Hopefully I keep to it!   

When we just moved in, Derp tried cooking it once while I watch. Afterwhich, I start to go online to find better recipes and tried it out on his birthday. 

Ever since then, I've been using the same recipe (I did improvised) and cooked mee sua for both of us when we are just too lazy to go out buy food (and there's minced meat in the kitchen). 

The mee sua I cooked is simple, lightly salted and just nice for our taste bud. A comfort and yummy food indeed! (Derp finished every bit of it including the soup!)


Hereby presenting to you the mee sua I cooked for Derp :) 

On normal days, I don't really add eggs but because it's birthday so it's a must to eat 2 eggs. I'm traditional at times!



Easy and cooling #OOTD because we are going to Chomp Chomp for Derp's birthday dinner


We went to Nex to watch Exodus before our dinner. The storyline is similar to Mosses: The 10 Commandments. It's a cartoon (as told by derp) and you can find it on youtube.  

I didn't even know there's such thing and ther's people sitting behind us who is 'predicting' what's happening next lol. Derp know the storyline and he did whisper to me what's going to happen next. Interesting show for people who never know about this story before. 

We took bus to Chomp Chomp thereafter. It's been many many years since we last went there. Ever since Derp went into NS till now if I never remember wrongly! We decided on going Chomp Chomp because we moved to a place that's much nearer to it so it's time to revisit it again.


Actually nothing much has changed, it's still the same as I imagine what it should be. The only change will be some stalls that I used to frequent are gone. And it changed to something else.


There were a few seafood stalls but we eventually settled on ordering from Macpherson Seafood BBQ( Branch). I can't remember which stall I usually order from but as according to Derp, those facing the outside are the more popular ones. 


The menu.

We ordered a total of 3 dishes. 2 seafood and 1 vege. At first Derp wanted 3 seafood and I gave him the "no" face because I think that's too much seafood in a day lol.


Baby Kai Lan - $6 

Just like any normal other veggie as expected it's oily. Nothing beats home cook vege lol. Ever since I start to cook myself, I've also become more picky on the quality of food provided by eateries. 


Sambal Squid/Sotong- $8
The sotongs were good.


Sambal Stingray - $12 

It's been awhile since we ate such a thick stingray. It's really meaty and totally value for money! At the very least, you don't feel so cheated haha!


#onthetable



The birthday boy! 


My hair looking really messy after being blown by the strong wind fans there. Chomp Chomp is famous for their sugar cane and now they have a even bigger cup which price at $2.50! There's even a 3 dollars one if I'm not wrong. 

We were seating very near to a bbq chicken stall and it seems to be really popular. The customers are non stop and many came there to ta bao from them too. I went to order 2 bbq chicken wings for fun to try it out too even though I was damn full.




It's really good and if I never remember wrongly, it should be $1.20  per wings :)

Sad to say, after all the feasting that day, I was down with sorethroat the very next day and the next thing I know, I'm on MC and it took me quite awhile to full recover. 

It may be many years since I last went to Chomp Chomp and I've heard the food standard has drop but I do think likewise. I think it's still affordable though the price may have went up a little but definitely not alot. 

I'll still go back there if I craves for any bbq food again since I've shifted to a place nearer to Chomp Chomp :) 

Chomp Chomp Food Centre
20 Kensington Park Road, Singapore 557269

No comments :

Post a Comment