Thursday, January 29, 2015

Zhong Hua Steamboat, 中华火锅, 拉面 @ Bugis

A meetup with the besties like finally! :) Can't believe the very last time we met was at my housewarming which happened last year September. Time really flies and it's 2015!

So this is like our first meetup in 2015. We decide to have the old school type of steamboat because it's been ages since we ate steamboat together. We've been talking about this for the longest possible time but didn't fulfill it.

Esther and I were early so we went to Liang Seah street to look around and decide which steamboat restaurant we should dine it at. We totally lost touch on which are the nicer ones around because they all look the same to us! 

We eventually decided on 中华火锅, 拉面 because the waiter is very welcoming (we went toilet first and asked him to reserve a table for us and he kept his word lol) and the price is within our budget :) 


The front of the steamboat restaurant. It's actually located just directly below beach hotel. Esther is talking to the waiter to ask him reserve seat when I took this photo lol. 





We chose the tom yum soup base and chicken soup base. 

The tom yum soup base is really spicy and we requested for them to add the chicken soup into the tom yum soup when they came to refill the soup base for us. That's to make it less spicy for us.



The variety of the food as below: 


The raw food


More raw food! They do have more but I didn't took more photos of it. 


They served cooked food too.


We took turns to take our food. And this is what it looked like after the first round! 


Clairey and me! 

Some group shots to end this post...



We had a very chilly steamboat that day as the weather was really cooling. Overall, I find the steamboat really nice and affordable. We paid $23 nett each, free flow food and drinks!

I admit that I have not try Jpot or Hai Di Lou before because I find them too costly. I do feel that old school steamboat is still the best :)

After so many years, we still feel happy to be going back to the good old liang seah street to have steamboat. Afterall, I do feel that they are the ones who started the staemboat craze back then. :) We went to have desserts afterwhich and I shall blog it some other day then.

 中华火锅, 拉面 @ Bugis 
95 Beach Road #01-01 s189699 (Beach Road)

No comments :

Post a Comment