Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Derp's Birthday Part 1: Homemade Cheese Cake using Air Fryer

When the clock strikes 12am on 17th December 2014, it's time for Derp to blow the candle because it's his 26th birthday :) 

I took leave the day before since I'm clearing my leave and also to start preparing for his birthday. He loves cheese cake with biscuit crumbs at the bottom and he have been telling me to learn to make it. So for the sake of his birthday, I shall give it a try.

Somewhere in November, I did the first attempt and it was quite a failure because there were too much melted butter added to the biscuit crumbs. The biscuits crumb ended up very oily and when I poured the cream cheese mixture it, the oil floats up.  

So this time round, I decide to slowly add in the melted butter and mix it first before deciding to add more butter to it. The other time I poured in everything lol.


The digestive biscuit crumbs. This time round I bought the roller pin from phoon huat and it works wonder. Within 15 minutes, all the 8 pieces of biscuits become biscuits crumbs just by rolling to and fro a few times. 


This is the cream cheese mixture which is used to pour on top of the digestive biscuits crumbs. 


Bought this non stick mini baking tray from NTUC. 


The ingredients prepare were enough to make 2 more cheese cakes and this paper holder is from Tao Bao. In total, I made 3 cheese cakes.


Took it out from the fridge at 12am and it's time to sing the birthday song. 


Bought the candles from Phoon Huat too. Derp's favourite color is blue :) 

After singing the birthday song, it's time for Derp to try after he made his wishes and blow the candles. 


Here's how the internal of the cheesecake looked like.


Close up look of it. 

Derp finished the whole cheese cake by himself that night (I only took a few mouths) because it was good! :) Though there's still room for improvement but it's really not bad and got the commercial standard. Yay!

Glad that I'm able to make him a birthday cake that's of his choice instead of buying. After all, I spent nearly 1 hour just to make these cheese cakes. It's the effort that counts and come to think of it, it's the first time I made a birthday cake for him from scratch after being together for so long haha! 

And if you are wondering, here's the recipe for the Air Fried Cheese Cake:

For the biscuit crumbs:
1) 80g digestive biscuit crumbs (around 8 pieces, good to have more!)
2) Mix with 125g melted butter. ( This is definitely too much, I will suggest to use 80g/90g instead)
3) Scoop and press it firmly onto the base of your baking tray/silicon mould

For the cream cheese mixture: 

Ingredients:

250g cream cheese in room temperature (I would recommend you to leave it there as long as possible so that it will be easier to mix afterwards)
80g sugar
2 tsp cornflour
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp lemon juice ( I didn't add any at all)
2 Eggs

Instructions:

1) Beat cream cheese till soft and fluffy and add in sugar, cornflour and vanilla essence
2) Pour Batter into the baking tray/silicon mould (previously used to store the biscuit crumbs) till 80% filled.

Air Fried Instructions: 

1) Preheat airfryer at 140 degrees for 5 minutes
2) Put in the cheesecake and air fried at 150 degrees at 10 minutes and then change to 140 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes till the cake look firm and lightly brown.
3) Afterwhich, take it out and cool it before placing into the fridge to chill it.

Just a tips to share, I will highly suggest you to use something to cover the top of the cheese cake so that it will look less 'burn'. I personally feel that the top part is a little overcooked because it's being expose to the outside whereas everything inside seems fine.

That's all for my recipe sharing and I'll be back for Derp's birthday celebration part 2 :)

1 comment :

  1. Oh! Really that's good. I cooked this recipe for my children by using airfryer. It was so tasty. They are so happy with me. I need another recipe tips, have you new recipe?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete