Sunday, January 25, 2015

Review: Citrus Zinger Flavor Infuser

A short review on the Xmas present from Derp.

We don't have the habit of exchanging gifts for xmas and could probably make do with it (same goes for other events like anniversary and etc). He was shopping for the gift exchange happening on our first xmas home party so he happened to chance upon this thing which I've been wanting for long. And if you're wondering what it is, it's the Citrus Zinger Flavor Infuser! There's too many health benefits around the internet about infused drink hence I'm tempted to try. 

I didn't expect him to remember it because it's been months since I mentioned this to him. 

I myself have already forgotten about this and decide I can made do with a normal water bottle and just throw in some fruits and let it soak then. *cheapo way*. 

I've tried using strawberries for a period of time and I think it work fine without using infuser type of water bottle.You know when you go to restaurants and you are being served lemon water, it's also done using a normal type of water jug/bottle and let the lemon slice soak.

Now I've the Citrus Zinger Flavor Infuser, the first fruit I tried was orange! Since I find it weird to cut a slice of orange and then soak it in ice water because of it's pulps.




The instructions are all printed on the packaging. Basically. 1) Press, 2) Twist, 3) Infuse 


That's how it look like and I do think it's quite big to bring to office to and fro everyday. I might consider dumping it in office and make the infuse drink everyday oh well shall see how it goes~


Till date, I've only tried it with Orange. The very first time, my orange were too big and it couldn't be squeeze in. :( I've to go back and get smaller oranges then. 


Finally able to prepare some infuse drink after getting the right-size orange. 


Before sending in to the fridge to get chilled.


The very next day!

The taste is just what I expected, ice water with slight orangey taste.

I do find the taking out of the fruit after infusing  a little difficult. Very often, I find myself using much force to force the fruit out before washing the whole bottle. This is so especially when the size of your lemon/orange is very close to the diameter of the bottle.

Other than that, the quality of the bottle is very good.

Other than using orange and lemon, you can also add strawberries at the top part so you will get a mixture. Using strawberries is definitely more fuss free as compared to lemon and oranges!

No idea how long I will use this for and I won't be surprise if I go back to making infuse drink via the cheapo way. Because it's easier to just dump fruits into the water bottle straight as compare to using the infuser bottle.

Oh well, no matter which method you used to get infuse drink, I believe all are beneficial to your body so keep it up :) Yay to healthy living!

4 comments :

  1. Babe, how does the orange infused water taste? Im drinking lemon infused water at office everyday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi babe!! :)

      Okay la, taste slight-orangey lor. Not that bad :) You can give it a try hehe!

      Delete
    2. I see! I think i gonna stick to lemon water till my AD is over! Perhaps try other fruits after that. hehe. U should try lemon. Refreshing. but is a bit tedious to do it la.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete