Sunday, January 11, 2015

Nene Chicken @ Seletar Mall

I first tried Nene Chicken @ Star Vista in 2013 and I didn't really had a good experience back then. It was mainly due to the very little seats they have at that outlet. The food we ordered that time was so-so and I didn't really look forward to going back there again. 

Just recently, they opened a outlet @ Seletar Mall which is so close to me. I went to take a look and to my surprise the outlet is actually quite big. Much bigger than the one at Star Vista and could probably sit up to 20 people or more. 

One of the weekends, Derp and I decide to give them a chance again. We had a late lunch there after our weekly grocery shopping.



The menu

I don't understand why they didn't print this menu up and place it on the board on top so that everyone can see. Instead, you can only see this detailed menu when you are about to order your food. Some people will take a long time to decide what to eat as it's their first time having it which in turn jam up the queue. 

This time round we ordered something different from the other time. The other time we ordered the 2 piece chicken (freaking hot) and I couldn't finish it because it was too spicy! We had the tenders meal this time round. Tenders meal is for those who want to eat boneless chicken meat. 


The flavours we choose were Green Onions (the one on the top which has little wasabi taste in it) and Spicy (more towards sweet and spicy) 

We also changed the side dish to coleslaw. The default side dish is pickled radish which we find it not really nice or maybe we can't appreciate it haha. 

This tender meal cost $9.95 each. I think it's not bad, the chicken is soft enough but perhaps if you are a love spicy chicken then don't go for this because none of them are spicy enough. It's more for the non-spicy lover to enjoy some Nene Chicken.

On one of my off days in December, I was out for some grocery shopping and I packed Nene Chicken back home for lunch.

I only came to know they have the 6 pc double fried wings and sticks meal which is somewhat similar to that of four fingers not long ago lol. No idea why I didn't notice it on the menu when I were there the very first time.



They provided me with gloves but I still use my bare hands since I'm at home. :)


I ordered the Hot double fried chicken.

It actually taste very yummy! Slight spicy but good enough for me as I can't take too spicy food.

Though the concept is similar to that of Four Fingers, but one can still tell their difference. If you are one who always think Four Fingers queue is very long and never ending, Nene Chicken's double fried chicken is not that bad too.

Just don't order the 2 piece chicken (freaking hot) because it's really spicy! Unless you are out to challenge something spicy.

They have a on going promotion for passion card holders. I was entitled to 10% discount which in turn my meal cost less than $9. Cheaper than Four Fingers!

I will definitely go back there to have (or pack home) 6 piece hot double fried chicken again in the near future.


Nene Chicken (The Seletar Mall)
#B2-10/11, The Seletar Mall, 33 Sengkang West Avenue

No comments :

Post a Comment