Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Amore Women's Day Out 2013

Back from BKK and the next thing I plan for myself was to have a exercise max weekend. But who knows I overexerted my shoulder muscles. Sigh! Praying that I will recover before my last marathon of the year which is happening this coming Saturday. I'm seriously worried.

My bib and event tee. 

If you're wondering why is there a bib when it's not a running event, that's because the AWDO 2013 organizer will walk around to spot the most enthu and sporty person of the session. Hence, they will need the bib to identify the person and reward the person with $$ :).

The very first time I joined Amore Women's Day out was in 2007. Gosh it's been a whopping 6 years? -_-".I still remember how unfit I was that time (I got to fall out and take a break for 5 minutes or so to catch my breadth and drink water). and merely joined cause of the goodie bag. 

I signed up for the Experience Fitness session which consists of three 20 minutes segments: Lo-Impact Aerobics, Kickbox & StretchFit®. 

My favorite segment has got to be kickboxing! I really misses kickboxing after not doing so for 1 year plus. Ever since I stop my cardiomix lesson(after taking for a year), and join ABT lesson, I've not touched kickboxing. Maybe I should just sign up for kickboxing instead of yoga? -_-".

The event was held outside Takashimaya and lasted from 9-10am. Karen and I were there before 9am. Surprisingly, the crowd wasn't that much. Guess everyone signed up for the yoga or dance session rather than this.

Lo-Impact Aerobics was somewhat related exercises that I did before in my ABT lessons, as for stretch fit is a totally new thing. And I conclude, it's not the type of exercise that I'll do.

Karen and I stood side by side for the session, and during half way throughout, there's this auntie and her friend who pop in and stood in between us. Karen was complaining to me how she almost whack the auntie and her friend. Infact, I've already accidentally whack dao that auntie's hand.

We respect them for their courage and determination to join such a event at the old age, but just hope that they will be more aware of their surroundings. It's not as though our area is very spacious, they could have stand at a more spacious place. 


The super duper heavy goodie bag which was rewarded to us after the event. I carried this bag all the way to jurong west stadium after the event for 2nd round of exercise. Btw, that's a gym bag and all the goodies are inside! This gym bag is pretty isn't it? :)


Now you see why is it so heavy! There's 2 bottles of water inside, and I added in another 500ml of isotonic drink. Hence, it makes it 3 water bottles inside. Gosh! #heavydieme. Oh and I've a new shoe bag :)


My exercise buddy! 

So glad that she's willing to join with me because I'm the one who jio her lolol! Afterall, the goodiebag never disappoint us. And we did exercise and sweat it out, not as much as compare to running a marathon but better than nth!

Be back with GEWR2013 run soon :)

No comments :

Post a Comment