Thursday, November 07, 2013

Hello November! :)

Hello November! My favourite month of the year and it so happen to be the busiest month of my whole 2013. So November, please be good :)


While waiting for my flight back to Singapore, I came to know about the news of the 25 year old female who passed away during the Nike run last Sunday. I do know her as she was my polymate. We were from the same course in poly and I do see her around during the uni days.

Though I don't know her personally, but this piece of news was quite shocking/saddening to me. Life is really fragile and unpredictable. My heart goes all out to her family and everyone who knows her.

Everyone exercise to keep fit and healthy, for the pride and glory when they pass by the finishing line during a marathon, however  it's also important to listen to your own body. "Slow and steady" this three words is what I've been chanting to myself throughout my runs. It doesn't matter how fast you go, as long as you pass by the finishing line, you are a winner.

I'm back from BKK 2 days ago and was on leave yesterday. I woke up in the late morning(seriously, not enough sleep), to run some errands and did some site survey with Derp. We went for a 3.6km jog in the evening, and Derp accompanied me to get me warm up for this Sunday's 10km. :) I stopped running for like a week.

Having said that, I've been doing plank and side planks throughout my BKK trip because I simply eat too much during the trip. If you think BKK is only about shopping, you are totally wrong because there's many really nice and cheap food around. I'll blog about  them really soon so stay tune okay? :):).

There's still some loose ends to be settled with Derp over our ROM followed by our photoshoot. In the mean time, we are working hard on planning our house renovation. I'm praying I won't turn into a bridezilla anytime and I've been telling myself to take things slow and easy, but sometimes I just can't help it.

Nevertheless, this BKK trip has served it's purposes of letting us chill before our upcoming busy months of wedding prep and house matters.We had plans of our yearly trip for 2014 but that won't come so fast. :( Probably end of next year.

In the midst of my busy schedule, I still aim to stay fit and healthy. Looking forward to my last 2 races of the year, but that doesn't mean I will stop my running routine completely. I'm hopping to incorporate yoga into my exercise routine!

Till then, and have a great week, it's TGIF soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment