Monday, November 25, 2013

Osmar Taiwan Bento @ The Central, Clarke Quay

Derp and I went to Clarke Quay after work to finalize our ROM location and etc. We sort of gotten many things off the to-do list recently, I'm just praying hard that we did not miss out any details. 

Definitely looking forward to the gown fitting and etc, but the thought of keeping fit all the way through CNY is quite sian though. But anyway, I know we can do it. :) We'll probably come up with fitness schedule and motivate each other lol. 

Anyway, we don't really come Clarke Quay that often and we don't work around that area. Hence, we are usually at a loss when we need to have a quick dinner there. 

The basement of The Central is a food heaven. It has got all sorts of food basically, from western to chinese to Japanese food, it's not that difficult to find something to eat there. 

We decided to dine in at this Osmar Taiwan Bento shop which sells mainly bento set/Taiwan braised noodles. 


We had tried before Woo Ricebox when we were in Taiwan, it was so god damn nice. You can read more about it here :) 

Woo Ricebox has opened 1 outlet in Singapore, at Raffles Place. I've yet to try because if i never remember correctly, they didn't bring in the fried pork cutlet to Singapore. :( I missed the one I had in Taiwan.

Back to Osmar Taiwan Bento, the shop area ain't big. It's suitable for takeaway or simply 1 person dining in during lunch peak period.

Their menu and that's Derp ordering for me hehe.

Everything is self service at Osmar Taiwan Bento and there wasn't any dinner crowd at that time., the food was ready pretty fast. 

Our dinner..



Derp ordered the Osmar Special Bento(5.80) and he chose Taiwan Crispy Chicken for his meat to go along with the rice box. One can choose the monkey-head mushroom too. As for his drink, he ordered passion fruit green tea.


On my side, I ordered the Golden Fried Pork Chop Bento($6.80) and milk green tea.

We felt kind of cheated because what we were given is kind of different from the picture on the menu. No idea if is they ran out of the other ingredients for the rice box hence they didn't give us, or simply they don't serve it in that way anymore. The bento set was lacked of corn, brinjal and broccoli. As for their milk tea/fruit tea, it tasted okay, similar to outside standard, nothing special.

I won't recommend one to purposely go there to try it, but if you're working around that area, I guess you can consider this as 1 of your lunch choices. They do sell their fried chicken cutlet just by itself, serves as a good snack though. :) Come to think of it, it's pretty costly to have it for lunch. Oh well, it's the town area, nth is cheap.

Took a #OOTD with the xmas tree at The Central before leaving..

Derp snap this while I was keeping my stuff. I look as though I'm stealing something. -_-".


#OOTD - In a dress bought in BKK 

I'm hardly in such prints but this dress is really comfy with a tie-back sash, not forgetting this dress matches my bag and shoes well. :) I've had another similar dress in light blue and mini heart prints. I've yet to wear it out but all in all, it was a good buy. It's not easy finding good quality clothes in BKK nowadays. Do take note if you're heading there soon! 

No comments :

Post a Comment