Thursday, November 21, 2013

Miss Tam Chiak's Xmas Party: Featuring Pizzahut's Xmas 2013 Menu!

It's the time of the year whereby you'll get to see beautiful lightings, xmas decoration and not forgetting the feast that's awaiting you during this festive season. 

I was really honoured to be invited by Miss Tam Chiak aka Maureen, who is a famous food blogger in Singapore to try out the latest Pizzahut's Xmas menu. When I went to BKK earlier this month, I started planning my own itinerary via searching for Bangkok's post by various food bloggers. I find Miss Tam Chiak's post on 10 must try food places in Bangkok really useful! That's when I got to know her.

I saw her having this contest for 50 lucky readers and I gladly entered. And who knows, I'm 1 of the lucky one to be picked by her. I was surprised to receive the email from her. Part of me wished to attend the event and I'm struggling with another part of me who feels weird attending this event alone. But come to think of it, it's just a food tasting event, it doesn't hurt and it sounds fun! I believed there are others who are attending it alone. 

This xmas party was held at the Pizzahut outlet at City Square Mall. I was there early at 6:30pm. The registration counter was not opened yet but I've already spotted Maureen there. Feeling awkward, I kindly took a seat somewhere behind and when the registration started, I gladly shifted to a table with 2 other individual and 1 of them had a friend joining later.

Here I present, the menu of the day.. :)


My first reaction "wah! So many course??!!"

The pizzahut's staff started taking order of what sparkles drink we would like to had. Btw, the drink is free flow so you can guess how happy I was. A drink like this would have cost $3.90! 


Part of the crowd that has already settled there. There's still more coming in at a later time. We took up more than half of the seats in City Square Mall's Pizza Hut.


Here comes my Mango Sparkle Drink. I've had it before when I dined in at Pizzahut, simply love it beacuse it's Mango. There's berri flavour which is strawberry and green apple :)


While guests are still slowly filling up the seats, the pizza hut's staff started serving the first dish which is the Criss-Cross Fries. It was already 7+pm hence most of us were famished! The 4 of us seated on the same table finished the fries within minutes. I believe the Criss-Cross Fries is not something new to regular customers of Pizzahut, if you've ever dined in at Pizzahut, you should have try it before. It is always part of the festive set.

Coming up next is the Christmas Platter..something new just for this year Xmas..


Tempura prawns, baked potatoes in cream sauce and the drumlets which taste different from the usual sweet and spicy drumlets. One mouth and you can tell it's not the usual drumlets we always eat though it looks like the usual ones. It's still spicy, but more towards the spicy and a little sour. Perhaps they may have marinated it with Mango Sauce. Okay I'll tell you why I guess it's mango sauce later on..I've no idea what the taste is actually, but definitely something new and refreshing from Pizza Hut.

Introducing another new item this year on their Xmas Menu, Truffle Mushroom Baked Pasta! I love pasta by Pizza Hut because they taste totally awesome and it's pretty affordable. My favourites are the Cheesy Shroom Baked Pasta and the Chicken Ole Baked Rice.  


The Truffle Mushroom Baked Rice contains cheese, button mushrooms, pineapple, turkey ham and not forgetting truffle sauce! I didn't know there's this thing called Truffle Sauce. It's pretty awesome but the whole pasta on the whole is a little salty. 

If you're wondering, all the above dishes are shared between the 4 of us. If it was just for 1 person, I think I would have bursted after this pasta dish. lol! 

Maureen start the whole session by giving us a welcome speech and asked us to sit back, relax and enjoy the food. She also briefed us on what's going to happen in the next hour or so.


Before the main lead which is the Xmas Pizza make the appearance, 2 lucky guest were invited to join Maureen to learn how to make the Double Decker Pizza

Everyone focusing on the whole process performed by the chef before they try it themsevles.

And ta dah they are done!

They each get to bring home the pizza they have made at there :)

Presenting to you..this year Pizzahut's Xmas Special, Double Decker Pizza.

Now do you get why is it called Double Decker Pizza? Yes? No?

Take a closer look and you will see there's another layer in the middle of the pizza. Basically, it's lying on top of the main toppings of pizza. The addtional layer on top is make using tortilla with turkey ham and cheese, not forgetting there's also mango mayonnaise mixed with it! One can't really tell there's mango mayonnaise and I got to only know the existance of the mango mayonnaise during the games session. 

Btw, there's cucumber added on to the additional layer of the Double Decker Pizza. Non-cucumber lover do remember to request for no cucumber when they order this pizza. If not, you might need to slowly dig out the cucumber and leave it aside. 

As for the base of the pizza, it is made with cheese crust (my favourite crust up till date, I simply love it), chicken, capsicums :)

During the games session, the hosts asked everyone to guessed the ingredients used in the Double Decker Pizza and Truffle Mushroom Pasta. And yup, I won a $10 Pizzahut Voucher during the games session. Thanks Pizzahut! 

We each have 2 slices of the Double Decker Pizza, it was really filling and I couldn't finish it. 

I ordered a 2nd servings of the drink and I've gottsen myself the Green Apple Sparkle Drink this time round.Honestly speaking, I still prefer the mango flavour :)



The berri flavour sparkle drink which the others sitting at my table ordered...

A close up of the pizza..

We were served Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream as desserts.


I find the texture of the Chocolate Fudge Brownie pretty sticky. I'm very cautious and am afraid that it might stuck to my teeth. So in short, eating this ice cream can be pretty tiring lol. I didn't finished it in the end also because I was freezing...

Last but not least, I will like to thanks Miss Tam Chiak for her invite. The Pizzahut's xmas menu is available in store now :) Hope my reviews are helpful in one way or another! 

A picture with Miss Tam Chiak before I left..

I honestly admire food bloggers because they are constantly eating and travelling but they are able to maintain their figure! 

No comments :

Post a Comment