Monday, February 24, 2014

Singapore Airshow 2014!

I was given a chance to visit the Singapore Airshow 2014 during the trade visitor days all thanks to my company!

I've always wanted to go to the airshow, but it's too far from the west and it's very crowded. So in the end, I gave it a miss after considering all these factors.  I was quite excited because it's my first time attending the airshow! :):) I've prepared my shades, umbrella and sunblock just for this event.

Not forgetting, I'm crazy over the show Triumph in the Skies II, So I was hoping to see some Jayden-alike pilot in the show. *fan girl mode on* #thinktoomuch

The trade visitor pass allows us to go on all 4 days(Tue-Fri) but we only went on the last day, which so happens to be Valentine's Day too.

Other colleagues who went on the previous days have warned us about the marked up food prices there, hence I brought in Mcdonalds Breakfast. While on the shuttle bus, I've already finished my breakfast lol! The journey from Expo to Changi Exhibition Centre wasn't really that near, but with the amount of vehicles on the road, especially during the peark period, the traffic is quite slow. We reached there around 9.45am. 


There were the usual bag scans and security checks at the entrance. 

The F-35 Lightning II.

Many were queuing to go up to sit inside and have a feel of the plane. My colleagues and I did went to join the queue but gave up after that because the queue was moving too slow. We spent the time walking around to visit the other planes on exhibit. 



We decided to just take photo with the plane by standing near the plane, instead of queuing up for it. 



#OOTD. 

The weather was pretty hot, and it's best to be in our most comfy wear but also not too revealing lol! I was quite afraid to get tan(because my ROM is just a week plus away). so I've applied maximum sunblock that I can to prevent it. #preventinguglytanlines

We went to see other planes on display before the airshow start. 


Qatar!


All these planes are so small till I think pilots have to maintain their size if not they can't fit inside.

The airshow started at around 10.25am. We were prompt to go over to the big open area to watch the airshow. The airshow lasted for around 1/2 hour, it was the shortest airshow among 4 days because it was the last trade visitor days. But better than nth ba! Afterall, pilots have to rest too and prepare for the public airshow. 

We were first greeted by the F16, All this planes shots were so hard to capture because they are flying at a very fast speed. And it was really sunny and they are really far away, I can't really take proper photos. But I'm glad I've still some decent photos at the end of the day for keepsake purposes.

F16

The Australia's  Rhino

And last but not least, the highlight of the whole airshow is the Black Knights! Love all the aerobatics they did even though they sky was quite cloudy! 







Because it was Valentine's day, they drew a heartshape in the sky for us. But sadly, there were dark clouds hence the heartshape can't be seen properly. :( I do still appreciate their effort, so sweet of them! haha! 

After the airshow, we cheong-ed to queue up to sit inside the F16. We actually don't really care which plane to take photo with, as long we manage to take a mandatory shot. There were 2  F16 and 1 F15. Logically, the F16 will be faster and the person on duty suggested us so we went ahead.



Mandatory shot done! 

Btw, I was not the only one having a hard time getting in because all of us had a hard time. We were not allow to touch anything except the back of the seat. You'll have to resist touching the other parts of the plane while getting in and out of it. -_-".

Since I'm getting married soon, my colleagues gave me a mission to take photo with the guy on duty. The photo turned out to be pretty dark because the background is too bright. I've to edit the photo to the maximum to see his face because he's sooo tan.

Mission accomplished! 

Anyway, my shoes came off while I was getting out of the plane, he was kind enough to picked up my smelly shoes and returned it to me. #embrassingmax

Last mission of the day, was to take this shot below...

We were trying to pose like charlie angels..


Not bad right? Got at least 80-90% similar? Except the height difference lol! It was all karen's idea and nian qing was really sporty and agreed to it. Whenever I see this photo, I'm still laughing at it. I'll probably blow this picture up big big on my actual wedding day. 

A normal shot with the ladies! 

Last picture of the day..

A close up shot of all of us!
My hair looks really razy that day because it was really windy.

I will highly recommend everyone to go to the airshow at least once in your lifetime to experience it yourself. All those stuffs that you see at the airshow, are not things you see daily or on the tv, not even on NDP, do make your trip down if you have the chance as it doesn't happen every year :)

No comments :

Post a Comment