Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Teeth Whitening @ Only Aesthetics

I went to do my teeth whitening yesterday night for the ROM ceremony which is happening really soon. I must say the effect is pretty good hence I'm blogging about it almost immediately.

How did I came about it? I have been with Only Aesthetics for a few years, mainly for facial and underarm hair removal and brazilian. You can read more about it here

Anyway, just as I was booking the next appointment after my various treatments at there, I saw that they had the Maybank credit card promo. I went ahead to ask more about it and then they told me they are actually having promo for teeth whitening. My eyes brighten up because I was all along interested in it because I honestly  think my teeth is pretty hopeless(with the amount of coffee/tea I drink), but I'm very skeptical about it. 

I'm have slight sensitive tooth all the while. I'm afraid that whitening will make my teeth even weaker and more weak to cold stuffs. They explain to me that it won't thinner my teeth and etc, and since they are having promo now, I went ahead to get 4 sessions of it. It's much cheaper than the normal price, I don't think I will do the teeth whitening treatment at it's normal price. 

I was pretty nervous that day because I've not been visiting a dentist for a pretty long time. The very last time I went to a dentist, it's for filling up of holes, and not polishing lol!


The machine that shoots out LED light onto your teeth after they have done putting the whitening product on your tooth. 


Draw the arrows in to show you where the light is coming from. 

Okay some horrible photos ahead.. 

Before the whitening..

And so, my mouth was 'enlarge' and kept opened by some plastic stuff for 45 minutes, I can't really see it clearly because I was wearing the goggles by then. 

The only down side/discomfort I felt during the whole process was, I can't swallow my saliva properly. I'm told not to let my tongue touches my bottom tooth so as to prevent my tongue has weird reaction to the product.. And also, I should not accumulate too much saliva in my mouth if not it will affect the product that was being applied on my tooth.

Swallowing my saliva seems to be a very challenging process for that 45 minutes! 

She came in to check on me after 20 minutes and reapplied the same products on my teeth. She left me in the room for another short while before the final removal. I fell asleep during the 2nd round opps! 

Finally, the 45 minutes was up and here comes the removal. I'm thinking "yea, finally I can sallow my saliva properly!". There was too much things in my mouth so she got to slowly take it out. The product she has applied on my tooth has become something like a mold over my tooth. It was really hard, and I do feel as though my teeth is being pulled out! I'm glad everything is still intact now.

Here comes the after photo..

Ta dah! Totally no filter!
I'm really happy with the result :)

The de-colorization will continues for another week or so which causes uneven color on your tooth, hence one is not advisable to do teeth whitening just before your photoshoot/wedding. You have to do it probably 1-2 week before. 

I can't eat anything for 1 hour after the process, and I'm banned from all the coffee/tea and etc for the next 3-5 days. Oh, and no drinking of hot/cold water that night, but I still has to brush my teeth la! So when I brushed my teeth, I forgot that my tap water is cold! My teeth was pretty sensitive at that point, the cold water sends a chill down my body! 

I requested my dad to cook for me the day before I went for the teeth whitening. Porridge seems to be the best choice though I wasn't briefed at all to avoid solid food. They told me after the treatment though to eat something soft. So my prediction comes true and after I reach home not long, it was 1 hour after the treatment and I can have my 爱心晚餐!


Steam toufu and steam fish! I'm avoiding anything that's black or dark colored for this week.

I still have a few sessions which I'm going to reserve for photoshoot and my AD wedding. I can't wait to see at the end of the day how my teeth will turn out, though the process is quite challenging for me! 

Taken from their teeth whitening deal on deal.com.sg..(Anyway I paid a cheaper price than that hehe!)

"ONLYaesthetics has the latest Light-Emitting Diode whitening technology (without hydrogen peroxide) and provides an effective and non-invasive solution for an ultimate smile touch up. 

Teeth become discoloured due to age, use of tabacco, food/beverage stains and certain medications. Improve the brightness of your smile dramatically in less than 60 minutes - it is quick, painless and more imprtantly, it whitens significantly!
 
This teeth whitening system is geared towards people with sensitive teeth. Even those who are fearful of dental procedures generally find this teeth whitening process tolerable. The results are long term and can last for many years (depending on your lifestyle habits).

 
It is effective and safe - scientific research has shown that whitening does not change the structure of the teeth or harm the enamel; it merely makes them appear brighter and whiter. A special non hydrogen peroxide whitening gel is placed on the teeth and a light containing special wavelengths is used to oxidize the gel. Once the gel is oxidized, the solution is removed completely and the process is repeated a few more times. The upper and lower teeth are treated at the same time, and the entire procedure is done professionally. No heat, no needles and no drills are used during the procedure and you can swallow normally.
 
Boost your self-confidence with pearly white teeth and start greeting people with a great smile every day!"


ONLYaesthetics™ @ Holland Village (Main)
25A Lorong Mambong

5 comments :

  1. I have teeth whitening problem and used many dental products but don’t get any good results. So, look for best and trained dentist in Hermosa Beach, please help!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how long does the effect of 1 session lasts?? I don't really take coffee/tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      I was told for the best results will be after 2 sessions, it can lasts for 2 years since you don't really take coffee/tea.I couldn't advise much on how lasting 1 session is because I did my 2nd session not long after my 1st session. My teeth have not gone back to my previous state even though I drink coffee quite often.

      Delete
  3. It’s good that you took a photo of your teeth beforehand for comparison. Are you going to whiten your teeth again sometime soon? I totally agree that teeth whitening can help boost one’s self-confidence. Good day!

    Jon Mack @ GentleDentalOnline.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Cosmetology course will help you in becoming a top Cosmetologist, Beauty Therapist. Includes advance level learning of Cosmetology and Laser Aesthetics .

    ReplyDelete