Monday, June 01, 2015

June!

There's so much to be done in May but I was seriously sick for more than a week. Hence, all the plans were postponed :(

Not only I fell sick, Derp was sick too. So basically there's 2 sick person in the house. For me, it started from a sorethroat and developed to a high fever while at work. I managed to endure till I get home and I skipped yoga cause of that. I went to bed before 10pm that night after popping down pandaol because my head hurts alot.

The very same night, Derp was having headache too and didn't really sleep at all. The next morning, we went to see doctor together. By then, Derp was having fever too.  Doctor concluded that we have virus infection which we could have gotten from somewhere. #suay

My MC lasted for 3 days (it was 2 at first but I went back to see doctor again because I have not fully recover yet), and those 3 days were simply porridge, porridge and more porridge. We slept most our time away due to all the medication and when we are awake, we made our own meals which is porridge. I'm gonna stay away from porridge for quite sometime.

We lost some weight due to this whole saga and took us a week plus to gain back. Definitely not the right way to lose weight!

I went back to running just twice and the next moment I know, I fell sick :( Hence, not much running being done from April to May. During mid April, I fell down and in mid May, I fell sick. So much mishaps for the past 2 months.

It's only till last weekend, I'm finally back on the track. Gone were those stamina and took me sometime to slowly gain back (but still slower than before). I better buck up my training because the next race is less than 2 months away.


The pinky sky which greeted me after my run. 

This totally caught me by surprise. I was walking home and I saw something bright (after running in almost complete darkness for 1/2 hour). One of the best rewards I get after running and clocking mileage for the week :)

We have now recovered and also finally back on the track for our wedding preparation. It's another half year to go (time really do flies), more things to be done but slowly we will get there.

Looking forward to our short getaway the next month. The very first time we booked a air ticket and hotel less than 2 months to the trip lol! So much for being last minute because we were so caught up with work. Taking a break from work and wedding prep.

May everyone enjoy their long weekend and have a good month ahead! Definitely the best way to start the month away, to recharge and get ready for a brand new month.

No comments :

Post a Comment