Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Trip to Philips Showroom & Toa Payoh West Market & Food Centre (Hong Kong Long Hua Roasted Delight & Teochew Handmade Pao)

Derp and I made a trip down to Philips Showroom last weekend to get my garment steamer! Woo hoo, I finally own one of this awesome stuff and it comes in my favorite color. I'll blog about the review of the awesome steamer soon (hopefully by this weekend). 

Megagamie is giving out vouchers for Philips Dailytouch Garment Steamer with every purchase of their stuff from now till 31st July! The voucher entitles you to purchase the Philips Dailytouch Garment Steamer at only $99. It's really a steal because the original price is 189!

Upon knowing the promoton, I quickly carted out a dress from one of their latest collection. The dress costs probably $30+ which means my garment steamer will costs me $130. It's still worth it. I did a quick caculation and realise the newly bought iron + this philips garment steamer we got it at a discounted price is around the same price as the original garment steamer price. 

The garment steamer was one of my least priority stuff to buy for the new place, because the cheapest I've seen is more than $100. I don't even know how good it is and have never use it before hence I will rather when I have the budget then go get one. I know I need one of this because I can't really iron my clothes well. But after knowing this promotion and reading about it on Megagamie's blog, I know I had to get it and never regret it. It's really awesome! 


The Philips showroom is of a walkable distance from Caldecott MRT station. It's around 10-15 mins walk.


We went there on a Saturday morning, but who knows they were having staff/member discount sales and it's really crowded. Everyone is grabbing Philips product as though they were free but I had a good look around all the household products :) Shopping for groceries/household stuff can be more exciting that simply shopping online for clothes.

We head over to Toa Payoh West Market & Food Center for our lunch after grabbing the garment steamer. It's our first time there and we were really famished after getting the garment steamer.

I couldn't really decide what to eat because I'm spoiled for choice even though many stalls weren't open. Monkey see monkey do, I ended up queueing for this stall , Hong Kong Long Hua Roasted Delight, which has a really long queue.



My lunch of the day (first meat of the day too) - Char Siew and Roasted Meat rice with Gizzard(liver). 

The stall owners were really friendly and they have lots of regular customers. But I did told the auntie to add gravy for me when she asked me. Overall, I find it really dry. Nothing special about it, perhaps it will be better if there's some gravy on it. Come to think of it, Derp and I have the legendary Sally Roast Meat duck at our workplace's canteen. It's hard to find roast meat that is on par with what we always eat at our workplace.

We then saw many people going over to buy buns from Teochew Handmade Pao. We kept seeing people tabao-ing lots of baos from there to bring home, but we were quite full so I went to order 1 Char Siew Bao each for us to try.


It's my first time having Teo Chew Pao though I'm a Teo Chew -_-". They are really small as compare to normal bao we eat and it costs 60 cents each. Pretty costly! 2 mouths and the bao is gone. 


The char siew filling. I must admit you can't taste any fatty meat inside and the filling is really different and much tastier than the normal char siew bao we eat. But for the price pay, I don't think is something which one should be eating daily. haha! Probably once in a while :)


Toa Payoh West Market & Food Centre
Blk 127, Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, S(310127) 

I'll be back with the review of  Philips Dailytouch Garment Steamer really soon! 


No comments :

Post a Comment