Monday, July 07, 2014

Week 3 of Renovation Works!

A long hiatus since my last post about my renovation works and that's because I'm currently settling down in the new place! Too many things to be done but too little time.

Week 3 of renovation works was pretty simple. The reno works done that week was mainly drying of the paint, followed by installation of air con and also installation of glass/mirrors.

Our tao bao items arrived that particular week too. Never did we expect it to be that huge! 

When the delivery man called, I asked him to put in the riser outside my house but it was too huge. Thank goodness I called home and my dad was in. Rushed home after work to see my tao bao loots So exciting! It was our 2nd parcels which arrived from tao bao though. 


 Big ass parcel from tao bao. My first time seeing such a huge parcel! 


A life size comparison. FYI, I'm 1.63m.

Alright, time to tear the parcel open and see what's inside!


1) Clothes /Towel holder


2) Towel holder


3) Another towel/clothes holder too. 


4) Hair dryer holder 


5) T5 Led lights for our living room cover lights.


Alright that's all for my tao bao loots in that huge parcel. If you are wondering why is it sooo huge, that's because they protect each and everyone of it really well.

We did a price comparison of all this items with those sold in Singapore. Bathroom accessories easily costs nearly 100 for a towel/clothes hanger. #nojoke 

The bathroom accessories we shipped from tao bao costs ~$120 after shipping. The quality is assured too and we get what we received as shown on their website. I won't say it's damn good, but good enough to use and what matters most, it don't look cheapskate/easily spoiled.

As for the lights, the price of lights in Singapore is as good as daylight robbery. But that being said, not all of my lights in the new house are from tao bao. Probably common stuff like, light bulbs we bought in bulk from tao bao since all this stuffs can't go wrong. Those lights that are bigger in size are bought in Singapore because shipping from tao bao can be costly if your stuffs are really heavy.

Derp took half day to oversee the installation of aircon when actually there's not a need too.But I'm glad that he went as our ID was not in and he took photos for me to see haha!


Our compressor.


The workers trying to squeeze all the pipes into the trunking. Derp told me that's the hardest park of air-con installation. 


The glass works people also came and they have to be really careful! 


Our glass door for 1 of our bedroom :)


The installation of glass works going on in the toilet. 


Our items from a lighting shop in Singapore came that day too.


Derp's selfie with a big ass mirror. lol! He's actually showing me how big ass this mirror was. 


Went down that weekend and that's my selfie in the MBR toilet. 

No more pictures of the final look as I don't want to spoil the surprise till house warming is over :) Week 4 of renovation works is pretty exciting because it's carpentry week! Stay tuned to that post coming up soon.

The other blogposts on my new flat/renovations can be found under the Renovation or HDB label under the blog.

11 comments :

  1. Aircon installation is, indeed, complicated. A tube that’s not connected properly could lead to a less efficient HVAC unit. For that reason, it’s best to let the professionals work on the installation process. Based on the photos, looks like you did a great job. Hehe! Kidding aside, I am looking forward to seeing the home reveal in the future. Good luck! :)

    Adam Payne @ Williams Mechanical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your compliment! Do drop by soon to see the final looks of it. Thanks for dropping by once again :)

      Delete
  2. The third week of your renovation was certainly a productive one, as you were able to do your tasks with time to spare. And in my opinion, it was a wise move to give a day for the installation of your HVAC unit, so you could take it step by step and make sure it was installed properly. How’s the renovation, so far? I hope you’re close to finishing it soon!

    Tommy Hopkins @ AccuTemp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for dropping by and the renovation is already completed :)

      Delete
  3. Can share where u bought your towel hanger from taobao?

    Did it turn rusty after some time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,

      it's from https://youqin.world.tmall.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.65.Fzfi3E&user_number_id=702207566

      After using it for more than 2 years, it didn't turn rusty :)

      Delete
    2. How's the quality compared to those from Song Cho (Welmi series)?

      Delete
    3. Hi,

      the quality is great (no bending or dropping down after 2 years). I didn't see/feel song cho's product before so I can't comment about it.

      Delete
  4. Oh... and did the screws rust?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome! Will buy for my new house!

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete