Friday, March 08, 2013

AONE Claypot House and Thai Express @ Jurong Point

I believed many have seen before AOne Claypot House or A1 porridge at neighbourhood foodcourt. I first came across AOne Claypot House when i'm having lunch at AMK hub food court haha. I loved their hotplate tou fu with rice and soup. It cost $6.90. I've also tried their other hotplate dishes during lunch but their hotplate beancurd is my no.1 favourite hehe. 

When i come to know Jurong Point is going to open AOne Claypot House I got so excited but it was quite a disappointment. Since they have a shopfront now to sell their food, all the price went up. :(. I could no longer find the price I find at food court in that restaurant. I didnt know about it so I decided to bring boy there to try their Claypot Frog Leg since i have never tried their frog leg before too. I always eat the one at chinatown :)



Okay you can't really see the frog leg here cause I took photo of it before stirring it. The dish was not bad la, but its costly! If I never remember wrongly, it cost around $12.90 or so for 1 person share. At AMK Hub foodcourt i can get  $8.90 for a 1 person share.  

The AOne Claypot House do have hotplate tou fu but it costs $16.90. Not worth it! I will just go back amk hub to eat during lunch then. lol. 


We also ordered this fried egg with cai pu and onion but we prefer fu rong egg afterall. The egg costs us $5/$6, cant really remember but is like normal 'zu chao' standard and also price. 

A One Claypot House 
#03-09/11 Jurong Point 

Sambal kang kong. Same standard and price as normal 'zu chao' :) 

Doubt we will go back there again for dinner since everything is so costly when we can just go normal foodcourt which have AONE Claypot stalls to have the exact same dishes. 


I had dinner with boy last sun at Thai Express :) It's definitely not my first time there but there's some dishes which are too good to miss out when you visit them.
Tom Yum Soup. What is thai food without tom yum soup? Though it may seems clear and not spicy but trust me is super spicy and one can only take a small sip at a time before he/she start choking on it. lol. I love ordering the fish tom yum soup rather than the seafood one :)


Shared the Prawn Paste Seafood Fried Rice with boy that day. We wanted to order Phad Thai to share instead of the fried rice but we think the soup matches rice more than noodles.

And last but not least our dessert! We shared the Glutinous Rice with Coconut and Mango. Pretty decent dish and super yummy :) Will defintely go back to thai express to order this again.

Boy told me he ate coconut ice cream with glutinous rice in ice cream cone when he went Thailand for NS. So when he saw this dish he got excited lol. He mentioned he can't find it in BKK when we went last year. I didn't know he was keeping a look out for it but now i know haha. Anyway we are going there this year end, hopefully we can find it there this time :) I want to try!

Thai Express
Jurong Point 2 Shopping Centre
#B1-65/66/67

Follow me @ firstl0ve88 on instagram and formspring me at http://www.formspring.me/firstlove88 if you have any questions :) 


No comments :

Post a Comment