Sunday, March 03, 2013

Weight Loss Journey Part 1

I've long wanted to type this post out just that I need some time to piece up everything together. Friends and relatives have been asking me how I managed to slim down and etc. Especially those who do not have my Facebook or have not seen me for more than 1 year, they'll probably have the impression that i'm still fat and start to realize I look different when they see my photos or met me in real life.

So how it started?

I believe its the photo shoot I had with boy at the end of July 2012. I would call it the turning point.





I'm glad the photos did not turned out as bad as I thought and at least I think I don't look damn fat from my point of view but still fat la!

Back track abit, I was paranoid  after I booked the studio for the photo shoot  because there's no editing to those photos(anyway that's the main point of going to cheezestudio because u take whatever photos you want with no photographers around and confirm no editing la lol).

Whichever pore on your face can be seen so clearly, no airbrush or etc but that's provided if you go right up to the camera and take the photo haha! No one would ever do that i guess, unless they are willing to face the fact that their skin is not as good as those actor/actress in Korean shows. Korean celebrities have what i call 'poreless' skin.

Anyway back to the point, I was worried about "If there's no editing, confirm look fat liao lor. How to hide the arms?Don't wear sleeveless?But if i don't wear sleeveless i dont think I'll look nice leh!" And yup many other questions went through my mind 24 hours everyday.

1 month before the photo shoot I decided to start dieting. Basically eating less, no snacks. I ate only half the normal portion I usually had for my lunch and dinner. Btw when I just know boy, he came over and have dinner with my family, he was surprised by how much rice I scope for myself.

Yup 6 years ago I'm like that, and I continued to eat like that hence that probably explain why there's a need for me to start losing weight. Metabolism starts to slow down, the input is the same, confirm + chop gain weight - fact.

Sad to say, all the eating less didn't really help me at all. For that 1 week I almost died. I'm like in a constantly hungry mode. -_-". I've probably figured out that my stomach size has expanded over the years, if I never eat till the required amount i need everyday, i will be hungry.

If you are wondering I'm one who have the natural fat genes in me, you're wrong. I'm the fattest in my family for the past 3-4 years after I gained weight. I used to look as though i'm a malnutrition kid when I was going through my puberty stage.

Me during my sec 2 days. Tummy-less. I can fit into a 25-26 inch jeans at that point. I'm all along a big-boner if not I could have fit into a 23/24 inch jeans la.  

If you think I never eat during those days because I want to grow up looking slim, then you are absolutely wrong. I can eat down 2 packets of dried mee pok maagie mee at one shot. I'm always hungry and I eat A LOT.

When my female tuition teacher came over to give me physics tuition during the sec 4 period, I opened one packet of Jack & Jills chip and started munching on it while I'm working on the questions. I remembered she told me this "I envy you lor, u eat this kind of junk food yet u so skinny".

Seriously, it all goes down to metabolism rate at different stage of life la.Now is my turn to envy the younger ones who eat fast food nearly everyday and yet they are underweight.

Whenever i'm released early from sch, my secondary sch besties and I would go to westmall foodcourt for lunch. I would definitely have duck rice! Super good life hor? lol. We chose not to eat the canteen food cause we got sian of it.

During sec 4, my principal want us to have 2 canteen breaks in 1 whole morning. The lunch breaks are at 10.20am and 1:40pm respectively. Wah piang, that time I eat so many meals a day but I'm still skinner than my current size now.

At that time we think having 2 recess break is a waste of money(our parents only give us pocket money for 1 meal, we also never tell them we have 2 recess break lol), we decide to bring 1 big packet of chips to share among the 4 of us (me, esther, yy and claire) during the 10.20am break then we'll have our proper lunch at 1:40pm. This only goes on for awhile only because we eat junk food till we don't really know what to buy liao.


When I was sec 3, first time going JB for some geography educational tour. Nana wasn't inside because she's the only one who took history. 


No idea sec 3 or 4 but that time 流行 go Sentosa to suntan. 


Oh ya last time during secondary sch days, me and my secondary sch mates LOVE seoul garden. We used to helped NKF do donation (compulsory every year) and hence there's voucher for us to use at seoul garden. There's like some 1-for-1 promotion by the voucher. In 1 month we can go 2 or more times. I know is super ridiculous. Jurong point have seoul garden at that time. We can sit there and eat all the way till evening. Our stamina of eating must be damn good at that point of time. WHY THAT TIME EAT SO MUCH ALSO WONT FAT ONE???!!! I was 50/51kg then.


One of the seoul garden trip picture.

As the years goes by, I didn't really care about my weight. Basically I just eat and eat, supper was a norm. I cant really be bothered about gaining weight. Munching chips in the middle of the night or cooking maggie for supper is routine on sat nights.

 During poly attachment days i eat finish duck rice for lunch and i still buy waffle with peanut fillings to eat :). The reality starts to hit in after the attachment. I do feel that I look fatter. To think back, I  think I have atrocious eating habits which shouldn't be tolerated at all.

My weight was around 56kg when i graduate from poly. Gained probably another 4-5kg in poly days.

Still looking good during poly days(before poly attachment). I know you may say not so clear. Below is a zoom in one haha. 

:) Please ignore the face lol. I know the picture don't look like me but its me!

The good old poly intern days whereby i start to gain weight. Can't really tell in the photos but I remember  I attended my poly cca DND straight after my attachment and the picture speaks all.

At the DND with my cca's chairman :) 

With my poly classmates at Sentosa after we graduate. 

Boy's poly graduation in 2008.


Photo of me in 2008 still. That time i'm working before uni starts in august.

I work with this group of accountants before my uni starts. They are all doing great now, Sandy has already become a auditor in big 4 and she's doing well there :)

Boy's passing out parade in Dec 2008. 

I went on to uni and by the time I graduated from uni i'm probably near 60kg. Okay la, 1 year gain 1 kg when i was in uni.

Visit to haji lane :) Vintage was the trend at that time.


By the way this is taken in great world city female toilet. Till date they have the most decorative toilets I've ever seen in Singapore. Hopefully all this toilets are still around, it's a waste to take it down and revamp into normal looking toilets in other shopping malls.

To cut the long story short, I look like that when i graduate from uni. 


Now you would probably figured out why I say i look so diff from the picture i took with my parents during CNY. :)

The real trauma hits me when i started working. I gained 3 kg in less than a year. My peak was 63kg. OMG! That was when I decided to do something about it. To be exact, I gained more than 10kg over the years. No joke, T-E-N KG!

If my weight was shares in stock market, I tell u confirm earn one for this 5 year period. It only rises and never drop before.



Photo taken during uni graduation night. At that time i haven't start work yet.


23rd birthday celebration, I've just started working for 3 months.

And another 3-4 months later, i look like this: 




That's me during my PEAK weight of 63 kg. 

Till date I've lost 9kg. :)




I'm trying to drop another 1- 1.5 kg before I go Taiwan. Currently I'm weighing at 53.5-54kg. I'm even skinner than my poly days! I would not recommend one to totally skip meals to lose weight. It's one of the dumbest way available. The keyword is to control your calories intake and exercise.I'll talk more about it in part 2 and how I did it.

The best part about slimming down is online clothes confirm got my size, no longer having the fear that the zip cannot zip up. And what most impt is, I no longer need to hide my er xin arms during phototaking! Last time when i was 63kg, when i asked boy to take photo for me, I will keep asking him to "eh take nicer angle hor, i dont want later come out my arms look fat". Its as good as impossible and I do wonder how he ta han me all this while.

The journey to lose weight was never easy, the steps are simple but when you really do it is a different story.

I think there's no such thing as "i just want flatter tummy" or "i just want my thighs to be smaller" You can't really choose which part of the body fats you want to lose, your body decides it for you. One can only tone their arms, tummy or whatever parts they want to but not aim to lose weight at those parts. And by exercising doesn't mean you will lose weight instantly, you might just gain weight because you gain muscles. Muscle is heavier than fats - fact :)

I'll be back with part 2 soon :). Stay tuned.

Follow me @ firstl0ve88 on instagram and formspring me at http://www.formspring.me/firstlove88 if you have any questions :)

8 comments :

  1. Thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jing Xian,

    Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would barely sleep and skipped meals throughout the day because of all the stress and opted to eat as I went. bestfatburnerforwomen.org/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hese are diets used for obese diabetic patients. These diets would provide a 500kcal reduction diabetic diet
    in daily intake and can cause a weight loss of around 0. 5 kg per week. In diabetic diet patients it is often advised to skip snacks in between meals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to sharing very important information to us. You can also visit my website. Weight loss clinic in Punjab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,
    I love your blog. Nice article, Thanks for the sharing a valuable information about Weight Loss.
    effective slimming treatment singapore






    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw many Weight Loss Hypnosis site but this site is totally helpfull.Its helpfull for how to fit your body.To know more Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete