Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hakata Ippudo @ Westgate

A dinner date night with Derp like finally, after we had a busy Saturday(attending gatherings and settling new house stuff). 

It's been awhile since we take a 'break' from all of the new house stuff and of cause we are free-er now since the renovation is about to come to an end in 1- 1.5 week time. It's left with the clearing up and settling of defects Finally! *pop champanges* 

It's not that we are in the rush to move in, but trust me, you won't want to be stuck at handling/coordinating people for long. And when instructions wasn't clear enough, there can be a lot of redo-ing going on.

Alright enough of my rants. So Derp accompanied me to JEM's Traceyeinny to collect my new dress before we head over to Westgate to get our dinner fix. 

It was pretty late like 8++pm so it isn't that crowded anymore. We settled on having Ippudo because none of us tried it before. 




The chio leather menu which Derp wished to have and his name craved on his leather organizer. He told me that himself! 



Their interior is pretty nice, with lots of ramen bowls around. 

Derp and I wasn't that hungry so we are good with each having a ramen, hence no side dish for us. 

After flipping through the menu, I decided to order the Akamaru Shinaji under the Modern Ramen section in the menu. The soup is made with specially blended miso, and also fragrant garlic oil.  I love anything that has to do with garlic because I think it will smells damn good and appetizing. 
Akamaru Shinaji

I know the chilli may look scary here but fret not, it's not! It adds a little spice to the overall soup and I think it's really nice. I'm glad I never choose the boring miso soup ramen which I can get it everywhere. 

Oh, you can choose the hardness of the noodle and we choose medium. It's a little hard for my liking but at the same time I don't like my noodles to be too soft. So I would rather play safe and go for medium instead of the soft.  

Derp ordered the Spicy Black Ramen under the Featured Ramen section. He almost ordered spicy tonkotsu ramen but then decided on a more intereasting ramen instead. 


He finds it not bad too because it's something new. But not as spicy as he think it is because he's a spicy food lover.

After I stirred my noodles, it looked like this. It doesn't look spicy at all though, maybe a little? :) 

Slup!!! 

I love the ramen's soup the most followed by the pork belly and egg! 

You can check our their menu here or visit their website @ http://www.ippudo.com.sg/

Ippudo SG @ Westgate
3 Gateway Drive
#03-03
Westgate
Singapore 608532
Tel: 6465 9308

No comments :

Post a Comment