Friday, April 11, 2014

ROM Staycation @ Swissotel Merchant Court

We decided to have a 3d2n staycation at Swissotel Merchant Court which spans from the day before our ROM till the day after our ROM. We chose Swissotel Merchant Court because it's near our ROM venue and coincidentally near to our bridal studio. :) 

We had quite a bit of things to do before the actual day, and not forgetting we need space for my makeup artist /my mother's makeup artist /my photographer and the few helpers coming early to help me set up the venue.

I don't really wish everything to be done at my house and then the whole kampung have to cab down to the ROM venue. 

So it's best we had a place to stay near the ROM venue to facilitate everything.

Before we head down to the hotel that day, we were actually running last minute errands. I have to get fresh flowers for my ROM hairdo! Not forgetting, we were lugging our luggage around. We managed to check in to Swissotel Merchant Court  on time. 

After putting our stuffs down, we had to rush to the bridal studio to get the suit and gown. Thankfully, it's only a few bus stops away. 

Some photos of the room..


Love the TWG tea and coffee machine :)

The bed is really comfy! 


#selfie

Overall, the room is pretty decent. It was quite small and trust me, we were quite worried about many people swarming into our room the very next day. 

I was quite disappointed they didn't give me free upgrade to the room but they did accommodate to my request of additional complimentary parking tickets. So fair enough, they did their best. 

Back to the bridal studio again for final fitting and collection of all the stuff..


Can't wait to try the long gowns for my photoshoot! 


They kindly offered us their recycle bag because they know we will be taking bus back from the bridal studio to the hotel. This bag makes it much easier for us because we still have other things on hand. 


My fresh flowers for the ROM  provided by Louvre Bridal


The corsages provided by Louvre Bridal

The kind florists throw in the corsages for our parents! It's complimentary from them, so grateful for that .

I only had my nails done the morning before I check in to hotel. My manicurist is really busy because she started her part time studies. Glad that she manage to squeeze time out for my nails. I went back to soak off my CNY nails and got my bridal nails done at the same time!



I went back to soak off few weeks ago because they were really too long to be maintain anymore. My manicurist did mentioned some bride-to-be went to find her recently and she asked me did I share her works online. Haha! I actually did posted the nails picture up on a Facebook group for bride-to-be. They were pretty well received. :) Glad that I did brought some business for her and good things must share! 

After all the errands that day, we had a quick dinner before heading back to the hotel to have a early rest. I guess after doing so much thing, it's easier to sleep that night despite feeling a little nervous. We were watching Ironman on HBO that night lol! 

It really makes us feel as though we were on a staycation rather on a ROM-mission. I'm looking forward to yet another staycation next month! We are really drained out cause of our new house, a much needed break indeed.

His suit in his favourite color. 

My short gown. 

Love the blings and corset tie back details. 

#OOTD that day for running errands! 

Alright, I'll be back with the actual ROM photos soon. Stay tuned!

Bridal Studio: The Louvre Bridal
Bridal Nails: Naiilzparadise - Priscillia Lim

No comments :

Post a Comment