Friday, April 04, 2014

Review: Biore UV Sunscreen Vs Sunplay Sunblock

I've been investing heavily on sunscreen/sunblock in the recent years. Reason being: I've entered the working society and I'm exposed to sun very often. Sad to say, I used to be fairer than I am now. Guess I locked myself up at home very often in the past and now I've got no choice but to go out to earn a living. Hence, I've become darker as compare to the past. *sigh* And I don't get to return to my original skintone that fast anymore. 

Anyway, I've tried many different types of sunblock. As long they are on sales during watsons sales, I'll just grab a few at a go. Some other brands sunscreen are too rich for my skin and it causes my body skin to breakout with pimples. 

The best brands that I've tried before are Biore and Sunplay. Biore came into this sunscreen market only like last year whereas Sunplay is a well known brand for it's strong and effective sunblock all these while.

What I like best about all these sunblock I've tried are, they are in liquid form and thus easily absorb into our skin. I've used before the cream type of sunblock and it's way too thick, hence they are the ones that causes pimples to grow on my skin. 

Biore sunblock defintely absorb well into my skin and it's said to moisturize your skin too. They smell really good too and leave no sticky texture on your skin after application. However the downside to it it, their SPF aren't that high as compared to Sunplay's sunblock. I'm one who really need high SPF sunblock if not I will get sunburned easily. 

Below are the various Biore Sunblock that I've tried before..





And yes, I get to try them because I grab at least 2 each time during watsons sales! So far none of them gave me any breakout problems before :) Oh, it's safe to apply the sunscreen on face too but I'm very afraid my face will breakout after applying, so till date I don't dare to try. I can't really comment how effective it is on the face.

Moving on to Sunplay sunblock, their SPFs are generally higher. I didn't know they come in liquid form until recently too. 


I've tried this and it's really cooling when you apply onto your skin. The coolness will stay with you for a little while. Love the fat that their SPF are higher.



Nothing much to say about this, the spf is not really enough for me to fight the strong sunrays whenever I go for my lunch.

Just few days back, all my sunblocks are finishing up hence I went to watsons to get new one. I was happy to see the Sunplay 130++ spf was on sales, 2 for $29.90. There wasn't any private member sales going on, and I manage to find a sunblock that's affordable for me. 

At the end, I grab 2 at a shot! This is said to be one of their latest sunplay and the spf is 130++! woo hoo! 



I apply a small drop on my arm. I usually apply on the arms and neck area. 

Spreading out the sunblock. 

And ta dah it's done and you skin is matt after awhile :) 

This 130++ spf did make me feel that it works! Whenever I go out for lunch, I don't feel the burn feeling on my arms anymore. You know those kind of 'almost-sun-burn' feeling which is something I dread the most. Seems like only the 130++ spf works the best for me! 

Comparing the pricing for Biore and Sunplay, I must say they are on par with each other.Though they have products which may be of a higher price, but on averagely their price for a normal sunblock is almost the same and affordable. Just get it during watsons sales and it will be more worth it! 

Too much sunrays is pretty bad for our skin. It's good to start protecting them now. It's never too late :)

2 comments :

  1. Transform yourself and change from gorgeous appearance to delicate enamel, from formal gloss to antique gloss with the wide range of beauty and personal care products available at bio claire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunblock is an essential defense against harmful UV rays, shielding our skin from sunburn and reducing the risk of skin cancer. Remember to apply generously and reapply often for maximum protection. Your skin will thank you. But if you need more information Please visit my website: Sun Block

    ReplyDelete