Sunday, May 25, 2014

Nihon Mura @ The Cathay

It was one of those date nights and this time round we head to town. It's been awhile we head to town because we have been so busy with everything lately. 

We went to The Cathay to recee our pre-wedding photoshoot area. 

At first we wanted to dine in at Concetto but the queue was way too long. The review of the food is so-so, hence we didn't waste time to eat that though it's affordable. I do think Saveur is still a better choice but nevertheless, I'll make a trip to Concetto one of these days. 

We walked to the basement and can't really decide what to eat because there's quite a number of restaurants there. Many of which have really long queue and there was a ramen shop which have no queue at all. I don't really think I can finish a bowl of ramen and Derp don't like to share food with me, I feel that I'm going to waste food and money hence we didn't go ahead into the ramen restaurant.

 We spotted Nihon Mura nearby and I do thinksushi is the best choice! Eat what you can and that's it. I was still feeling unwell then(super sian to fall sick just  4-5 days before your photoshoot) and I just want to get my dinner fixed, recee the place and go home rest. 

The queue for Nihon Mura @ The Cathay was quite long but thankfully the turnover rate is quite fast too. Later then I find out that, they actually allow customers to eat a maximum of 1 hour, express dinner they would call it. I do find the idea pretty appropriate because afterall that's not a buffet place. 



Touch screen ordering system

All the plates is $1.50 each and so here's what we have took from the conveyor belt/ ordered:



My new found faviorute: Salmon Aburi Sushi

It's pretty good I must say, good enough to satisfy my craving :) 


The must order whenever we go any sushi places.


Another mandatory order..


Derp's handroll, I can't really remember what is inside..



We shared the Chwanmushi.


Fried toufu. Nth special but yet it's another must-order item for us. 


Force Derp to take a picture before tucking in.. 



:)

Guess we are the only ones who indulge in good food before our wedding shoot. 

I do find the Nihon Mura @ The Cathay a pretty nice place and more atas feeling as compared to the branch at Nihon Mura @ Jurong West SRC. It's defintely a place for you to fix your sushi craving if you are around that area. When we left, there's still many people queuing to dine in! 

Nihon Mura (The Cathay)
日本村
#B1-04, The Cathay, 2 Handy Road

We walked around the place after our dinner and passed by this push cart having some accessories on sales.

This really big and bling snow flake caught my eyes because it totally reminded me of Frozen :) Derp and I love that movie a lot and we have been listening to the movie sound track ever since we watched it! We always sing along to the sountrack whenever one of us play it at home haha! 

 Though I'm not a fan of long necklace but I just decide to get it. Probably, a necklace for xmas time! 


Do you wanna build a snowman?
Come on lets go and play
I never see you anymore
Come out the door
It's like you've gone away-
We used to be best buddies
And now we're not
I wish you would tell me why!-
Do you wanna build a snowman?
It doesn't have to be a snowman.

No comments :

Post a Comment