Monday, May 05, 2014

Week 1 of Renovation Works!

Alright, I'm finally taking the time out to write down the whole renovation progress. The whole renovation is full of ups and downs. The ups is when you see that particular thingy is finally up and the downs came from when problems start to arise after that. 

Many things are unpredictable because you are not the one doing all the reno works.   

After the renovation which kick started on 15th of March (I've actually blog about it before), there wasn't any much works that day because it's a Saturday. My dad went to asked for the auspicious date and so just nice it's on a Saturday. The actual reno starts on the following Monday where all the hacking works began. 

The plan for week 1 is to finish up all the hacking works (HDB only allow 3  weekdays for hacking works to be done and a permit need to be applied by your contractor/ID), to pull out all the electrical wiring (before the false ceiling/carpentry are up), kitchen base and also washing machine base. 

We didn't choose to do the base for the fridge because we want our fridge to be shiftable and we are able to clean the area behind the fridge. There's also a shower kerb (so that when you bathe, you don't bathe till the whole toilet floor is wet) but it was done in week 2. 

I do pop by pretty often during my lunch time/after work to see how the renovation is going. And when the various contractor is around, I prefer to go down during lunch time so as to finalize minor details with them. Sometimes, when there are too much details, we tend to forget minor minor stuff. Thankfully, my new house is only 10-15 minutes bus ride from my work place during the lunch time hour. 

My ID constantly update us the renovation progress pictures through whatsapp. 

That week, I went down during lunch time when my electrician came to pull out all the wiring. Here are some photos of the afthermath of the hacking works lol. I almost couldn't recognize my own house when I first step in after the renovation has started.


1 and 1/4 walls are being hacked off from 1 of my bedrooms. 我突然觉得我的家变大很多! 


Hacking away that wall means relocation of the switches. 


All the various trunking running around the living room can be seen in the picture about. Heng there's something call false ceiling. Unless you are going something like industrial theme house, if not you probably need false ceiling to hide all the eyesores trunking. 


My kitchen base. 


Hack away some of the kitchen entrance walls so as to make the kitchen entrance more spacious. Can't believe so many tiles are damaged during the process of it. 

After I left my electrician that day, his workers accidentally drill burst a pipe in my kitchen. -_-". Sigh. I can't say much because accident do happen and there's too many pipes going around in the kitchen already. HDB may have provided you with the sticker to indicate but that doesn't mean it's accurate at times. You have to leave 6 inches around the indicated area to play safe. 


My ID's plumber came to the rescue the next day.

Before and aftermath. 看了都心痛!

The tiles around it was replaced and the kitchen cabinet cover up everything so none of them will be seen.

We went down at the end of renovation week 1 to deposit our newly collected carpet and etc for the new house. 


Taken below the block before heading up. We went to check whether there's any mails for us anot. 




All the tiles to be replaced.

Washing machine kerb done!


A hulk came into our house and smashed through that room.

We were trying to play with the panorama shot and see if it can capture us at two location but it failed badly lol!  No doubt, we were running here and there haha! 



Alright that's all for now! Will update more soon but I'll leave the best till my house warming is over. Can't wait to hold my first ever house warming with Derp :):)

We have already start sourcing for the caterer, so exciting! Okay I think I'm just excited over the food hahaha! Which means that weekend I no need to cook, opps!

1 comment :

  1. Wow! There seems to be a lot of breaking down that's gone around there, which would tend to pile up another set of work, starting with the clean-up, etc. But that's okay. You're going to get to the finish line in due time. With a fool-proof solid plan on your side, and a service on standby to execute it, then there's no need to worry. I'll be looking forward to the final output of your efforts.

    Paul Klassen @ Pinnacle Group

    ReplyDelete