Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hot Star Large Fried Chicken (好大大鸡排) @ Jurong Point

Every weekend, I will try to head back to visit my parents for a dinner or stayover to keep them accompany. Few Saturdays back, I was around that area and decide to treat them for dinner that evening. :)

I do miss Jurong Point especially when now there's this new Hong Kong street! The newly dim sum restaurant has a really long queue everyday and I'm so tempted la! 

My mum went to try it with her colis and she told me the food is nice. I can totally see how authentic the food served by the restaurant is, with the whole set up and everything. The opening of the Hong Kong street was really grand and the famous restaurant was one of the last few stores to be up. Till date, I didn't have a chance to dine in yet but soon I hope :) 

Just as I was checking out the Hong Kong street, the Hot Star Large Fried Chicken @ Jurong Point Hong Kong Street has finally opened! Why does it open after I move away from Jurong?? :( 

Okay la, not that I'm a great fan of it but I think Shilin Chicken @ Jurong Point is getting more and more expensive till the extend that I've condemn it and have not patronize it for the longest possible time. 

Now they have Hot Star as competitor, I hope they stop increasing their price anymore because it's getting ridiculous. And if you have realize, different branches of Shilin Chicken has a different price tag to it's fried chicken. I believe it's due to the rental costs at different places.

Oh well, I'm also glad that Hot Star open only like now if not it will really be #fatdieme. I've no idea how much exercise I need to do to burn it away. 

That day, I was hunting for my late lunch but yet I don't wish to have something too heavy becuse I'm having early dinner with my parents.  I decide to pack this home to slowly munch while waiting for my parents to go for dinner together. 


As I'm mentioned I'm having late lunch, hence there wasn't much queue which makes me more gian to try it. 


The auntie was really friendly and asked me to go near them and slowly take a look at the menu :) 


The very comprehensive menu.

Look at their bento set, it only costs $4.50 and up. Shilin Chicken @ Jurong Point has bento set and it cost $6.50. In the past, it was $5. How not to get piss off with them when they are raising price like nobody business. -_-


Freshly fried hot star large chicken.


I took the $5.90 combo meal which comes with a drink. And the drink is not small, as big as a regular bubble tea size. I had the iced lemon/peach tea. I can't really remember. 

They have a wide range of $5.90 combo but I chose to go with the original flavour :) FYI, it's my first time trying Hot Star Large Fried Chicken locally. The first time I had it was in Taiwan


My Hot Star Large Fried Chicken! The chicken is so big that it's sticking out. 

After trying this locally made chicken, I'm sure it taste exactly or at least 99% similar as the one in Taiwan. 

At the very least, I don't feel so cheated given the fact that this piece of chicken is almost twice the price of the one in Taiwan. 

When one craves for Taiwan Shilin Night Market's fried chicken, you can easily satisfy your cravings at the Hot Star outlets in Singapore :) 

Hot Star Large Fried Chicken (好大大鸡排) @ Jurong Point
Jurong Point, 1 Jurong West Central 2 #03-89F S648886

No comments :

Post a Comment