Friday, August 01, 2014

August - 3 Years of entering the Working Society.

1st of August - 3 years ago on this day, I entered the work force. Unknowingly, it have been 3 years.

A kind of unexplainable feelings just came up to me whenever I think about it, and reminded myself "gosh, it have been 3 years!"

Having seen many convocation photos online lately, it reminded me that it is the convocation period now, and I'm reminded of my convocation .


A #throwback photo with my parents during the convocation. Pardon that fat face. 

Meeting my uni mates have became a yearly affair and I'm meeting them next week #likefinally. One of my buddy are soon to be 'off the shelves'. I know it isn't approriate to use 'off the shelves' for guys but it's like FINALLY. I can't wait for the remaining buddy to be off the shelves too, though I think it won't be anytime soon. haha! 

Oh well, back to convocation, seeing my fellow juniors graduate, my #word to them and also something which I kept in mind all these years: 
"It doesn't matter what is your honours, what matters most is you have graduated! Your parents and loved ones are definitely proud of you, seeing you going up the stage to receive the certificate which you worked hard for all these years. Enjoy your big day!
How true it is, because it's one of the important days in my left which I kept looking back to other than my proposal & wedding day. :)

Another #throwback photo of the Derp's convocation which just happened last year.


"Behind every graduate, there's bound to be a supportive parent/partner."
We attended school together for 1 year, afterwhich I graduated while he continue schooling life for another 2 years. It wasn't easy, especially I've to sleep early because I've to work the next day. On the other hand, he might be rushing his project or assignment, and uni school hours are not fixed.

Those few years, we have learned to accommodate and compromise each other more because we are staying together. Perhaps, that's when we build up confidence/prepping for our marriage life. We have gotten use to each other behaviors and also habits haha! Dating and staying together is definitely 2 different thing, I'm glad we made it and going on strongly.

Back to my thoughts of entering the workforce for 3 years:

These 3 years in the company, many things have changed. Change is the only constant.

After working for 1 year plus, there's a change in project which leads to change in management. I was being allocated back to headquarters. Having said that, that would meas I travel 1.5 hours to work and another 1.5 hours back. It was tiring but I gotten used to it. It comes to a point I can sleep all the way even after changing several train/bus to reach office lol. Derp join me after after he graduate because we work for the same 'grandparent' but different 'parent'

Anyway, distance is no longer a problem now since I've shiftted :) I'm pretty glad I opt to start work at 8am. Nowadays, reaching home early meant a lot to me. #familyfirst

There's colis who quit and also colis who are still around. Though we may all be at different places(same company different working location) ever since 1 year plus back, I'm glad that we are still close and do keep in contact. At the very least, we make effort to gather for dinner and etc. They are coming over to my new place next weekend. I'm looking forward to the pot luck session!

August - Busy month ahead with lots of things to settle! Housewarming details, actual day date, actual day banquet venue and etc! September is going to be exciting :):) 

No comments :

Post a Comment