Thursday, August 28, 2014

Potluck & Farewell Gathering

I had my first ever potluck session at my new house and it was so much fun! 

Finally I have everyone gathering at my new place for a potluck session. This gathering  serves as a farewell for the 2 of them who are going overseas for a few years. :( 


Lots of food for just 7 of us! I prepare the prawn paste chicken and marmite chicken the day before! 

I must say I was really stress because it smells weird when I marinate it the night before.

On the day itself when I took it out to cook it, it turns out to smell good! Phew. I was so afraid it will turn out bad because it's my first time cooking for friends/colis lol. Up till date, Derp have been my guinea pig all this time. Opps!  


Bee Hoon and Curry Chicken - Lester
Old Chang Kee - Ken Min, 
Sushis - Karen & Kelvin who couldn't make it at the very last minute
Jalan Kayu famous Otah - Liang Quan
Marmite Chicken & Prawn Paste Chicken - Me! 

And other food that's not in the photo, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream - Cai Quan  and bottled drinks - Hazel. 

So much food for the 7 of us, and indeed there's quite a bit of leftovers and everyone was damn full. I'm glad Lester help me bring home some food and my dinner was also settled that day by eating the leftovers.

A group photo before they left home.. 


Because KM face looks very unhappy hence I requested for a retake! 


Probably the last group photo for a very long time.

I expect the group photo for the next gathering will be so pathetic with the reduce in members. They have gone to a place with different time zone. Nevertheless, we do have a lot of crazy memories at work place hahaha! 

They were the ones who were the seniors/batch mates when I first joined the company, all of us sat so close to each other in the good old carefree days. Though we may be located at different area now, I'm glad that we still keep in contact :) Hoping to see the rest at my actual housewarming day. 

After the left, I went to pack up and took a quick nap. I spotted this little piece of sky after I lie down on my bed. So pretty! 


After I woke up from my nap, I went down to took a quick jog that evening to digest all the food I ate that afternoon. I spotted this sunset before my run. #nofilter. 


I'm always feeling grateful to see such scenic views on and off in the new neighbourhood.  

Looking forward to more gatherings with friends at my new place in the near future.

 No doubt it's tiring to pack and clean up the whole house, Derp say it's like having some inspection lol! But at least you are motivated to pack/clean up because there's guests coming. It's always a good habit to keep the whole place clean because it's your house now, you take responsibility for it! So no complains :)

No comments :

Post a Comment