Friday, February 08, 2013

Nook DIY House of Pancakes, All Prep For CNY 2013!

Recently read famous blogger Beatrice Tan's  blog on this Nook, DIY pancake restaurant and am so tempted to try it. Did a little google on it and come to know that this restaurant is at bukit timah area which is in the west. So why not give it a try then? :)


We chose the set for 2 which comes with 2 flavoured pancake bottle and choice of 3 toppings. Cant really remember the price but i think is $28.90++ . The set for 2 with 1 flavoured pancake bottle is cheaper but i love variety and they do have quite a variety of flavour pancake. There's like the normal flavour, pandan, strawberry, dark chocolate and peanut if i'm not wrong. We chose dark chocolate and the normal flavoured pancake.

As for the toppings, we chose oreo, peanut butter and apple slice. By default is come with maple syrup and margarine. 


We chose the squeezer bottle cause i think is easier to 'play' on the pan rather than the jar. Jar i think once u pour u can only make circle shape lol. 

OOTD - Persian Green Criss Cross Top from Eternity Loft. Its in a very old collection and that time when i bought it i was too fat to fit in lol.


The boy drawing rilakkuma for me but fail. haha.

See thats what i mean lor! hahaha!

Done by me!

Failed rilakkuma. -_-". :Look like some cat.

Me trying to draw my favourite penguin but also fail. Oh ya the person tell us once you see the pancake start to have bubbles means its ready for u to flip it. If flip too early will cause the watery side to stick the the pan and will be messy. 


Boy's creation.

:) Previously i done a X, but when i scoop it up, it dropped. Hence i got to remake and boy was saying the previous X i made was cuter. oh well..sad!

My creation! i think the left one look like mr gingerbreadman and i wanted to make the right one look like pig. lol.

Boy made this t-rex. By the way those thingy on the top left is "happy anniversary" letters created by boy also. lol.

By the time we already felt damn full, but there's still pancake sauce left. machiam forever cannot eat finish one leh!

We started playing tic tac toe so as not to waste it.


Boy drew his favourite kapibara-san before we left the place.

The overall experience was fun la. And a tip for anyone who's going there soon, i would recommend your to go for exotic flavours pancake like strawberry and pandan. The traditional flavour will make u feel bored after eating awhile and u wont feel like eating it somemore cause eat sian liao. I think by going for those exotic flavours would at least not so fast eat till sian.

Check out their facebook here for more info and promotion :)

Nook DIY House of Pancakes
Bukit Timah, 21 Lorong Kilat #01-03
Singapore 598123

This is probably my last post before CNY, so hereby wishing everyone a happy new year and huat ah! I'm more or less ready for CNY. My nails are done by isabel. Thanks babe!

Pinky giltterish nails! super love!

Did gelish for my feet and also my toes :) And i met her again during my bestie wedding hehe. Thanks babe for helping me do my nails ever year so that i can look great on CNY. Thanks :) Never took a photo of my toes because i always think i got ugly toes! haha! Colour for my toes is dark silverish pink with gilters on the nails tip. :)

Oh ya in return i gave her one container of chi ku chips made by my mum! Have been passing them to colleagues and friends :) I'm glad that they love it! hehe. I'm the one doing the packing + tasting which i ended up falling sick. -_-". Guess i more or less recover, just in time for CNY if not damn sian.

My colleagues have already finished 1 bottle by themselves and heng i bring another bottle for them lol. They can slowly eat after they come back from the CNY break le.

My hair is also ready for CNY. The day after my bestie wedding, i went to Chapter 2 - Jurong Point to have my hair dyed. Had a discussion with my hair stylists, kent. Not long ago i asked him whether am i suitable to dye red and etc. But he wont do such a bright colour for me cause he know my office wont allow. So he did ombre for me but my ombre is from top to bottom and not just concentrate on the bottom part.

My hair under normal lightings few days back.

Backview of my hair and you would notice the top part there's some hair dyed with striking red tone. :) super love it! my ombre is concentrate on the top part. 

Super vain us! lol. Just reach home from work/sch and we are looking at ourselves in the mirror lol. Boy didnt know i took this photo hahaha! Installed a new spot light above my dressing table, hence the lighting. 

Here's another shot of my hair after changing out of my work clothes and before eating for dinner. ignore the messy background lol. I haven got time to pack yet! 

And yet another shot of me in the morning before work yesterday, looking so tired..

I'm going to spend my new year eve tml going to SRC for exericse, follow by packing of my whole damn room before heading out for renuion dinner with my family. :)

Wishing everyone a happy chinese new year and may you get more hong baos! enjoy~

No comments :

Post a Comment